Associate Professor, Operations & Technology
Matthias Seifert is a tenured Professor of Decision Sciences in the Operations and Technology area at IE Business School. Prior to joining IE, he was affiliated to the London Business School, Cambridge University and the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Dr. Seifert’s research focuses on issues such as individual and group decision making under risk and uncertainty, managerial forecasting and multiattribute choice models.
In the past he has received the EFMD/Emerald Outstanding Doctoral Research Award, the Toby Jackman Prize for the most outstanding dissertation in any discipline awarded by St Edmund’s College, Cambridge University, as well as various other research awards granted by institutions in Germany, the United States, Spain and the UK.
Dr Seifert serves on the editorial boards of and/or has published in top journals including the Journal of Operations Management, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Decision Analysis, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Harvard Business Review, and MIT Sloan Management Review among others.
His work has been featured by public media including Forbes India, Ideas for Leaders, CBS News, the Financial Times International (“Professor of the Week”), Psychology Today and others. In 2016, he has been named as one of “The World’s Best 40 Under 40 Business School Professors” by Poets & Quants.
• Postdoctoral Researcher, London Business School (UK)
• Guest Lecturer, Operational Research Group, London School of Economics (UK)
• Ph.D. in Management, Judge Business School, Cambridge University (UK)
• M.Sc. in Decision Sciences, Operational Research Department, London School of Economics and Political Sciences (UK)
• M.A. in International Business, University of Hamburg (Germany)
• B.Sc. in Economics, Växjö University (Sweden)
• B.A. (Hons) in Business Administration, University of Hamburg (Germany)
• Decision Analyst, Environment Agency (UK)
• Consultant, Krysalis Decision Technologies Ltd. (UK)
• IE Business School
• London Business School
• London School of Economics
• Cambridge University
• University College London (UCL)
• Heinrich, T., Seifert, M., Then, F. (2020). Near-losses in Insurance Markets: An Experiment. Economics Letters, Vol. 186 ():
• Seifert, M., Brockner, J. & Bianchi, E. (2015). “How Workplace Fairness Affects Employee Commitment”. MIT Sloan Management Review
• Bianchi, E. C., Brockner, J., van den Bos, K., Seifert, M., Moon, H., van Dijke, M., & De Cremer, D. (2015). “Trust in Decision-Making Authorities Dictates the Form of the Interactive Relationship Between Outcome Fairness and Procedural Fairness”. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 41(1): 19-34
• Seifert, M, Siemsen, E., Hadida, A. & Eisingerich, A. (2015). “Effective Judgmental Forecasting in the Context of Fashion Products”. Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 36: 33-45