Professor of Entrepreneurship, IE Business School, 1992–present; Published author
IE Business School
Manuel has been a professor at IE Business School since 1992 and is currently the chairman of several boards of directors, external advisory boards and family councils of different companies in Europe and Latin America.
An accomplished author, Manuel has written a number of well-known books in his field, including Entrepreneurial People, Quality People: Welcome to the Entrepreneurial Revolution, Towards the Leading Family Company, Create your own Company and The Creation of your own Company. He has also co-authored works such as Crecer en Franquicia, and Aquí que manda. Professor Bermejo is also a regular contributor to the Spanish and Latin American media outlets.
Manuel often speaks at top global conferences and forums, including the European Franchise Congress, Espacio Project in Mexico and the First National Franchise Congress of Colombia (an annual meeting of the Colombian Association of Small and Medium Industry, or ACOPI, and Capital & Corporate), as well as the University of San Andrés in Argentina and the Catholic University of Argentina.
He holds an MBA from IE Business School, a bachelor’s degree in agricultural engineering from the Polytechnic University of Madrid, as well as a diploma in corporate entrepreneurship from Babson College.
Professor Bermejo is director of senior management and family business programs at IE Business School.
- Director of Senior Management, IE Business School (2002-present)
- President of Agroexpansion, S.A. President of World Wide Tobacco International, S.A.
- Director of the Higher Program of Management of Family Businesses (since 2000)
- Country Manager of Najeti Ventures (2000-2002)
- Director of Postgraduate Training and of the MBA Programs at IE Business School (1995-1999)
- Director of Business Creation at IE Business School (1997-2000)
- Director of Projects and International Clients of the executive education area at IE Business School (1999-2000)
- Founder and CEO of Agro Services (1988-1992)
- Member of several boards of directors, family councils and external advisory committees
- Experienced in business consultantation for new companies, family businesses and franchises.
Teaching and research experience:
- Professor of Business Creation at IE Business School (1992-present)
- Author of numerous cases, research articles and books