Assistant professor of entrepreneurship, IE Business School
IE Business School
Matthias joined IE Business School in 2013 as an assistant professor of entrepreneurship. He earned his PhD from the Ivey Business School in Canada. His research focuses on individual, opportunity and organizational intrapreneurship (corporate entrepreneurship). He explores these three areas through the lense of entrepreneurship, organizational behavior and corporate strategy.
Matthias’s work is published in Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, Small Business Economics and practitioner outlets such as the Ivey Business Journal and the Economist.
Matthias regularly presents at prestigious international conferences in the fields of entrepreneurship and strategy, including the Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference, Academy of Management Annual Meetings and the International Council for Small Business Conference.
Prior to his career in academia, Matthias consulted with several companies in Europe, Asia and South America, mostly in the domains of human resources and turnaround management. He has also worked with a number of major corporations, including DHL, Henkel, Sulzer Engineering and P&G.
In addition to his pro bono work with Peruvian entrepreneurs, Mattias has led executive education seminars for managers in China, Macedonia and Russia. His extensive professional experience and international outlook is apparent in the way he teaches his classes.
- Assistant professor of entrepreneurship, IE Business School, 2013 to present
- Executive education program, Chamber of Commerce, Skopje, Macedonia, 2012
- Doctorate in entrepreneurship and general management, Ivey Business School, Canada
- MBA in general management, Nanyang Business School, Singapore
- Master’s in strategy and international management (SIM), St. Gallen University, Switzerland
- Bachelor’s in business administration, St. Gallen University, Switzerland
Corporate business experience:
- Consulting services, MAT Solutions, St. Gallen, Switzerland, 2004- present
- Executive education seminars, Sulzer Shanghai, China, 2009
- Turnaround management, Vagrius Publishing, Moscow, Russia, 2008