The value of growth IE Exponential Learning's mission is to provide tools to professionals with a lifelong learning mindset who seek growth at every stage of their careers.
About IE Exponential Learning
At the core of every IE Exponential Learning program is a simple question: how can we help you and your organization grow? With this in mind, we have built a unique model centered around understanding your goals and identifying your own growth objectives.
As an organization, your growth journey may involve exploring new business models or enhancing your current model in order to reach new markets. As a professional, growth could mean taking on new responsibilities, rethinking your approach to leadership, taking a risk or even considering new directions in your career trajectory.
It’s our job to support your growth, no matter what it looks like. To do so, we offer unique learning experiences to help you discover what is possible, as well as where you want to go and how you will get there.
Craft your pathway
Growth, whether personal or professional, is always a journey. As both a professional and an organization, developing new ways of thinking or new business models, acquiring new skills and tools, and exploring future possibilities are consistently crucial for success. At IE Exponential Learning, we’re here to shape your growth journey and help you get to where you’re going.
Through a combination of research and experience, IE Exponential Learning has identified pathways that allow you to effectively and efficiently set out on your growth journey. These pathways provide for a secure environment where you’ll address your organization’s growth challenges, such as digitalization and data exploitation, as well as the difficult task of becoming a benchmark in your sector. At the same time, you can explore new leadership techniques and learn how to create purpose and impact in each phase of your professional career.
Starting your learning journey
Think about the last time you planned a trip. Remember the anticipation with which you waited to reach your destination, whether it was the Himalayas, Florence, or New York City? Learning is just another exciting journey; it requires some preparation and planning for you to savor the satisfaction of mastering the topic at hand fully. Having a roadmap matters, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t let your curiosity guide you off the beaten path. Your curiosity will give you the energy to keep exploring and lead you to access a window into another world.
If you don’t know where to start on your learning journey, here’s our step-by-step plan:
- Get into the right mindset: You truly can learn what you set out to learn. Convinced? If you still need further convincing, hear from Carol Dweck about the growth mindset.
- Research: Identify the experts on your topic and which materials out there can help you get acquainted with the concept. But, don’t forget to ask yourself: Would in-depth discussions with specialists who are experienced in your topic of interest help you better define your motivation and clarify the specific sub-topics that most pique your interest?
- Make a study plan: Ask yourself a few questions: Can you start by studying on your own? Will you get to where you want to go by yourself? Is there a group of learners out there that can help you? And, would a formal course (online or face-to-face) help propel you forward towards your ultimate goals?
- Understand the value deliberate practice and perseverance: While that saying, practice makes perfect could merely be a cliché, when it comes to learning, deliberate practice is fundamental. Anders Ericson and Robert Pool break it down in the chapter on deliberate practice in Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise; read on. When it comes to perseverance, we need to think about grit, which is the power of passion and perseverance. You may already have the passion for learning something new, but perseverance is what’s going to make the learning journey stick. Hear from Angela Duckworth why.
- Stay active on your learning journey: As you continuously renew your capabilities and expertise, constant and routine engagement is fundamental. Commitment to the cause of self-improvement will ensure that your competitive advantage of learning continues to bear fruit through a changing global economy.