Bernadette Bullinger teaches and researches human resource management. Her current research focuses on questions of legitimacy in the context of recruitment, and visual and multimodal methods of studying organizations and work. She has a strong interest in social and organization theory, specifically in institutional theory and French convention theory, and research on professions.
Bernadette received her doctoral degree from the University of Mannheim and afterwards held positions at the University of Leeds and the University of Innsbruck. She had the chance to visit Stanford University, the University of Alberta and IE Business School as a visiting research scholar. Bernadette’s research has been published in international journals such as the Journal of Management Inquiry, British Journal of Management, Scandinavian Journal of Management, and others.
• Assistant Professor, Organizational Behavior and Human Resources, IE University
• Erwin-Schrödinger Research Fellow, IE University, Madrid
• Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management, University of Innsbruck
• Visiting Research Scholar, IE Business School, Madrid
• Research Fellow, Leeds University Business School & Centre for Innovation in Health Management, University of Leeds
• Visiting Scholar, University of Alberta, Edmonton
• Visiting Research Scholar, Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research, Stanford University
• Research & Teaching Assistant, Department of Business Administration and Organizational Behavior, University of Mannheim
• Doctorate in Business Administration and Organizational Behavior, University of Mannheim
• Diploma (BSc & MSc) in Philosophy, Philosophy and German philology, University of Vienna
• Diploma in Business Administration (BSc & MSc), Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (WU)
• Schneider, A., Bullinger, B., Brandl, j. (2020). “Resourcing Under Tensions: How frontline employees créate resources to balance paradoxical tensions”. Organization Studies
• Wilhelm, H., Bullinger, B., Chromik, J. (2020). “White coats at the coalface: The standardizing work of professionals at the frontline”. Organization Studies, Vol. 41 (8): 1169-1200
• Petry, T., Treisch, C., Bullinger, B. (2020). “The logic of attraction: Exploring the institutional complexity of job preferences”. Employee Relations: The International Journal, Vol. 42 (6): 1465-1485