Global Advanced Management Program - ProgramBe the disrupter, not the disrupted
The Global AMP is composed of Four Modules:
Module One and Module Three are built around four-hour online sessions that will run every Friday for a period of 10 weeks. These online classes will focus on the best current ideas from the business world, taught by our expert faculty. We will also take you on “deep dives” of best practices from some of the world’s leading businesses.
Module Two and Module Four will be residential, with program participants learning from leading faculty brought together from around the world. You will spend one week at our Segovia Campus, located in a world heritage site, and another week in the Spanish capital on our Madrid Campus. These in-person sessions are the perfect opportunity for you to meet and collaborate with colleagues, expand your network and exchange ideas with other high-level executives who share the same goals.
You can choose between two dates to start the Global AMP. However, participants from both intakes will merge and continue learning at the same pace during the in-person periods in Segovia and Madrid. This new format, as well as the enhanced program content, will give you the flexibility to adapt the program to your needs. The Global AMP will conclude with your graduation from IE Business School.
The Global AMP isn’t your typical traditional management program. It seeks to train participants to have a holistic view of the future of the business world. Our goal is to help you develop the skills you need to build innovative visions and become a cutting-edge business leader.
This one-of-a-kind program consists of various subjects that are divided into five tracks. Each track focuses on an important aspect of business and leadership.
Track 1: Future Lab
Making sense of change, exploring megatrends and their implications for business, today and tomorrow, and making better choices for your future direction, are all essential to successful leadership. The rise of emerging markets, new technologies and next-generation audiences is accompanied by the increasing scarcity of resources, social fragmentation and climate change. The Fourth Industrial Revolution heralds a new era for business and society, from digitalization and automation to 3D printing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and robotics.
- Rocket ships: How will you lead the future, shape it in your own vision, and take your business on an uncertain journey towards a better tomorrow?
- Exponential technologies: Harnessing the potential of new capabilities, from digital and big data to biotech and nanotech as well as AI and robotics.
- Resource scarcity: Changing sources of energy, the peak of rare metals, high-tech components, patented technologies, talent and creativity.
- Human impacts: Rethinking work, education and employment, aging and healthcare, urbanization and belonging, wealth and happiness.
- Future shaping: Making sense of change and making better choices. Harnessing the value drivers and using scenario planning to shape the future you want.
Track 2: Growth Lab
Markets are complex, competitive and dynamic. New markets emerge, and old markets decline, as new audiences, new aspirations and new possibilities drive new growth. Focusing on the best opportunities for growth becomes key to your future, and reimagining how your business can embrace them profitably. Digital markets have no limits, and allow even the smallest businesses to have a huge impact, while accelerating the convergence of sectors and businesses.– so what is your purpose, that will guide you through the future horizons of growth?
- Growth markets: Exploring the changing the nature of markets. Creating new spaces based on new customers and solutions, driving your growth horizons.
- Inspiring purpose: Finding your north star, why your business exists, and how putting purpose beyond profit, can transform your activities and success.
- Customer futures: Understanding the changing aspirations and behaviours of customers, with deeper insight to understand and engage them better.
- Platform markets: Harnessing the power of digital networks to create new market models that bring buyers and sellers together in new ways, creating new value.
- Growth accelerators: Consumer data, digital network, and new business models enable you to accelerate every aspect of business, and your future growth.
Track 3: Creative Lab
Disruption is everywhere, whether it’s a start-up challenging established giants, new technologies replacing inefficient processes, simplicity outperforming complexity or customers challenging businesses to do better. The impact can be dramatic. Reputations can be made and destroyed in a matter of days, while veteran companies are wiped off the map. How can you turn the tables and become the disrupter by developing insights, ideas, innovative strategies and business models that can be delivered quickly and efficiently?
- Faster innovation: Transforming ideas into new solutions, strategies into action, embracing disruptive change, to reimagine your future business.
- Creative designs: Harnessing the power of creativity, fused with deep insight, to design better solutions – products and services, experiences and business.
- Sustainable innovation: Innovating to solve the biggest social and environmental challenges, in a way that is good for the world, and more profitable too.
- Business Models: Rethinking how organisations work to deliver innovative propositions, leveraging assets and partners to create new ways of working.
- Invincible companies: Bringing together your innovation portfolio as a source of relentless progress and profitable growth for your business.
Track 4: Action Lab
Organisations thrive on an inspiring purpose, aligned business model, innovation inside and outside, driving change and high performance. They constantly drive change and transformation, working through projects to create seize new opportunities. People are energised by a positive culture, harnessing the best talents of man and machine, with the agility to continually adapt and respond to changing markets, develop new capabilities and partnerships, and reach new heights. How can you transform, mobilise and energise your organization with a strategy to deliver the best performance today, and create an even better future?
- Winning strategies: Defining the right direction and priorities, guided by an inspiring purpose, and harnessing the drivers of value.
- Driving change: Making better, more strategic decisions every day, turning strategy into implementation, while using the right metrics and rewards, to drive transformation and performance.
- Fast and agile: Shaping organisations and processes to be agile and efficient, leveraging strengths and addressing weaknesses both internally and externally.
- Energising people: Mobilising employees to think and deliver strategy innovatively and profitably, unlocking the power of teams and humanity in a positive culture.
- Sustaining impact: Ensuring that the organisation has the capacity to renew and adapt to deliver shared value in the short and long term.
Track 5: Amplified Leadership
The best leaders amplify the potential of their teams and their business. By developing an effective leadership style, they can inspire, engage, connect and support to drive long-term direction and meet short-term goals. Leaders of the future will drive change in a way that unlocks talent and performance, constantly reinventing organisations. How will you lead yourself, your team and your business towards a better future, one that combines purpose with passion, profit and progress? This module is interspersed across the whole program, in order to connect with the many different business topics.
- Great leaders: Business are obsessed with leadership, but how do leaders really add value, engage people effectively and deliver better results?
- Authentic organizations: From corporate to personal reputations, how do you build trust and authenticity inside and outside the business?
- Talent beacons: How to attract, engage and retain the best people in an ideas-driven world – to nurture, motivate, and inspire them to create the future.
- High performance: Improving your personal and business wellbeing to drive high performance, physically and mentally, agile and resilient, with a winning mindset.
- Leadership style: Why should you be the leader? What do you have that will take your company further? And why will anyone want to be led by you?
Throughout the program, you will work on a unique individual project. The Gamechangers Project tasks you with taking what you’ve learned in every module and applying it directly to your business in real time to identify and address your unique set of challenges and opportunities. You will develop an invaluable blueprint for the future through five specific outcomes—presented as maps—to assist your leadership transformation both personally and professionally.
These maps include:
- Future Map: Develop a vision for the future of your industry. Define how you will shape it to best serve your business’ interests and seize the best opportunities for growth.
- Growth Map: Shape your markets by forecasting where you will unlock opportunities and how you will engage with the changing customer landscape.
- Innovation Map: Reinvent your business model to deliver future innovations in practical, efficient and profitable ways.
- Organization Map: Harmonize your direction and strategy. Optimize your processes, people, metrics and performance to deliver results.
- Impact Map: Define your role in leading your company or department to nurture a bright, inspiring and successful future.
Peer-to-peer presentations and close collaboration with tutors will guide your progress on the project. Your work will also be guided by the Leadership Development Plan, which includes personalized coaching sessions.
Get ready to lead your business—and lead the future
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PLAN (LDP)
The Leadership Development Plan helps each participant construct a road map for personal development beyond the Global AMP. The LDP has been carefully designed to ensure that you get the most out of this program.
The LDP assists program participants by:
- Identifying your strengths, skills and potential areas of improvement
- Helping you gain a deeper understanding of your underlying goals and motivations, and thus make more meaningful career decisions
- Helping you discover and manage possible blind spots that could slow down your professional development
A Liquid Learning Experience
At IE Business School Executive Education, we strive to provide an educational experience that works with the rhythm of high-performing professionals. Throughout our over 20 years as leaders in online learning, we have constantly sought to refine our approach. We have chipped away at the barriers that obstruct dynamic executives from discovering the latest best practices or gaining the tools to lead more effectively.