Accounting & Management Control
Assistant Professor, Accounting & Management Control
Anisa Shyti received her PhD in Management Sciences from HEC Paris in 2014. End of 2013, she joined the Accounting Department at IE Business School, where she teaches Managerial Accounting at the International MBA program. Anisa has been Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics at New York University in Abu Dhabi, Lecturer of Accounting at Bocconi University, ESCP Europe, and IESEG School of Management.
Anisa’s research focuses on decision making under uncertainty within business contexts. Some of her work includes research on entrepreneurs’ overconfidence and ambiguity attitudes toward sources of endogenous and exogenous ambiguity.
In particular, ambiguity is ubiquitous in business. The inherent novelty of some business models, such as Google’s, Amazon.com’s or the proliferation of crowdfunding opportunities, impose rapid changes in economic contexts that make it even more difficult to estimate ex-ante the chances of success of investments, new ventures, financing campaigns, the growth potential of firms, or projections of share prices. How do individuals make decisions without knowing the chances of success? Through lab and field experiments, blending theory from economics and psychology, Anisa’s research addresses these issues and provides insights into investors, managers and entrepreneurs’ behavior.
In the past, Anisa’s research has received the Best Paper Award from the Strategy, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation (SEI) Doctoral Consortium 2012 (Copenhagen Business School, Denmark). She presents her research at international conferences including the Academy of Management, Economic Science Association, Foundations of Utility and Risk, IZA Institute for the Study of Labor, and Strategic Management Society, among others.
Anisa is also very passionate about her teaching. “The entrepreneurial spirit at IE and the international environment are an outstanding factory for innovative ideas”, she says, “and we are exploring ways in which accounting could sustain startups, entrepreneurs, and crowdfunding initiatives”.
• PhD in Management Sciences, HEC Paris (France)
• MSc (cum laude) in Business Administration, Bocconi University (Italy)
• Assistant professor, IE Business School and University, 2013 – present
• Visiting assistant professor at New York University in Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2014
• Lecturer of Corporate Finance, IESEG School of Management, France, 2012
• Lecturer of Research Methods, ESCP Europe, Paris Campus, France, 2010 – 2012
• Lecturer of Accounting, Bocconi University, Italy, 2006 – 2008
• Paraschiv, C., Shyti, A. (2016). “Entrepreneurs under ambiguity: A prospect theory perspective”. In T. K. Das (Ed.). Decision Making in Behavioral Strategy (Research in Behavioral Strategy Series. Information Age Publishing