Annamaria Conti is an Associate Professor at IE Business School and co-editor of the Journal of Economics & Management Strategy. Previously, she was an Associate Professor at HEC Lausanne and an Assistant Professor of Strategic Management at the Scheller College of Business, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta. Annamaria conducts research in the fields of entrepreneurship and innovation. In these fields, she examines the organization and performance determinants of technology startups as well as venture capitalists’ investment strategies.
Annamaria’s research has been published in journals like Management Science, The Review of Economics and Statistics, Organization Science, Strategic Management Journal, Research Policy, and the Journal of Economics & Management Strategy. She won several research awards, including the 2018 Brady Family Award for Faculty Research Excellence, the DRUID Young Scholar Best Paper Award, and the REER Conference best junior paper. Her work has been cited by the World Intellectual Property Right Organization (WIPO) and the European Commission, and featured by the "Working Knowledge. Business Research for Business Leaders" blog of the Harvard Business School, Science Careers, as well as le Temps. Annamaria was recently ranked in the top 5% among management researchers at German/Swiss/Austrian universities by the BWL Ranking of the Forschungsmonitoring. Prior to her academic career, Annamaria worked as an economist for Caterpillar S.a.r.l and various international organizations.
• PhD in Management of Innovation, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland, August 2009
• MSc (DEA) in International Relations, specialization in International Economics. Graduate Institute of International Studies (Institut Universitaire de Hautes Etudes Internationales), Geneva, Switzerland, October 2004
• Bachelor in Political Science (cum laude), Università “La Sapienza”, Rome, Italy, July 2002
• IE Business School, Associate Professor of Strategy, 2022 - Present
• Faculty of Business and Economics (HEC), University of Lausanne, Associate Professor of Strategy, 2018 - 2022
• Scheller College of Business, Georgia Institute of Technology, Assistant Professor of Strategic Management, 2011 - 2018
• Recanati Business School, Tel Aviv University, Visiting Assistant Professor of Strategic Management, 2014 - 2014
• Scheller College of Business, Georgia Institute of Technology, Post Doc in Strategy, 2009 - 2011
• Caterpillar S.A.R.L., Geneva, Switzerland. Headquarter of European, African and Middle East Commercial Operations. Economist in the Economics and Industry Forecasting Division, 2004 - 2005