Casimiro Juanes is adjunct professor at IE Business school, where he has for more than 10 years delivered impactful programs on Digital Innovation and disruption, Digital Transformation and digital business models in executive MBA programs (IEBrown and Global Executive), TechMBA, IMBA, Cybersecurity and Digital Innovation programs.
Over the course of more than 25 years career dedicated to Business transformation, IT and security, Casimiro Juanes has held numerous roles of increasing responsibility at Ericsson. Currently, Casimiro is the Head of Learning and development of the unit Cloud Software and Services in Ericsson, where over 30.000 professionals design, create and manage the most critical digital systems used in Telecom industry. He is driving a strategic transformation in the company from the digital, people and business perspective. Prior to that, he was Digital Transformation Driver within Group IT, where he drove change management and education programs to enhance the business transformation at Ericsson. Previously, he led diverse teams as Head of IT and Head of Cybersecurity for Ericsson group, working at corporate headquarters in Stockholm (Sweden).
With his extensive experience in business, strategy and IT, Casimiro drives strategic transformation to the organization with an overall perspective, bringing together digital technology, people, strategy and operations views. “I learned to take the ‘big picture’ approach, get all of the key players and stakeholders involved in digital transformation decision making. Today, this approach is more vital than ever, given the digital disruption happening in all industries, and the transformations ongoing. It is fundamental to understand technology and business decisions together, and be able to execute the right ones, specially when it affects people”.
Casimiro is an accomplished leader with expertise in digital innovation and transformation, technology and IT management, IT security, risk management, compliance, and IT audit.
• Head of Learning and Development – Ericsson, Business Area Cloud Software and Solutions, Spain, 2021 – Present
• Digital Transformation Driver – Group IT, Ericsson, Spain, 2017 – 2021
• Head of IT, EMEA (acting) and Region Mediterranean, Ericsson, Spain, 2012 – 2017
• Head of Security, Region Mediterranean, Ericsson, Spain, 2010 – 2012
• Head of IT Security, Group IT, Ericsson, Sweden, 2008 – 2010
• Board member of Blueliv
• Board member of Cloud Security Alliance, Spanish chapter
• Adjunct Professor at IE: Digital technology and innovation in IE Brown Executive MBA, GXMBA, IMBA, Big Data and Cybersecurity programs. IE university, Spain. 2013
• Publications: Disruptive Innovation at BBVA, Digital Transformation at Vocento, Knowledge Lab, Business continuity plan Teaching note
• International Executive MBA, IE Business school (nowadays Global Executive MBA). Graduated as best student. IE University, Madrid, 2011
• Telecommunication Engineer, UPM, Madrid, 1992
• Security related education: CISSP ISSMP, CRISC