Casimiro Juanes Calvo
Information Systems & Technology
Casimiro is an accomplished leader with expertise in digital transformation, technology and IT management, IT security, risk management, compliance, and IT audit.
Over the course of more than 20 years’ career dedicated to IT and security, Casimiro Juanes has held numerous roles of increasing responsibility at Ericsson. Currently, Casimiro is Digital Transformation Driver within Group IT, where he drives change management and education programs to enhance the business transformation at Ericsson. Previously, he led diverse teams as Head of IT Region Mediterranean, acting Head of IT for EMEA and Head of Security Region Mediterranean, delivering services to more than 14,000 Ericsson employees in 26 countries. Prior to that, he was head of IT Security for Ericsson company, which he managed from corporate headquarters in Stockholm (Sweden). Casimiro is also a member of the board of directors of Blueliv, a very innovative provider of data and IT security services.
With his extensive experience in business and IT, Casimiro brings a business strategy perspective to decisions regarding IT planning, investment, operations and management. “Today, this approach is more vital than ever, given the digital transformation underway in our company and across our network of clients and partners and service providers. It is fundamental to understand technology decisions from business perspective, and the impact on technology due to business decisions, and be able to execute them.”
• Digital Transformation driver, Ericsson global IT team, Spain, 2017-present
• Head of IT Region Mediterranean, Ericsson, Spain, 2012-2017
• Head of IT EMEA (acting), Ericsson, Spain, 2015-2016
• Head of Security Region Mediterranean, Ericsson, Spain, 2010-2012
• Head of IT Security, Group IT, Ericsson, Sweden, 2008-2010
• Board member of Blueliv
• Board member of Cloud Security Alliance, Spanish chapter
• Member of Permanent Stakeholders Group at European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA)
• Adjunct Professor of Technology and Digital Innovation, IE Business School, Spain, Oct 2012-Present. Executive MBA programs.
• Adjunct Professor of Technology and Digital Disruption, IE HST School, Spain, Oct 2017-Present. Big Data, Cyber security and Digital Innovation programs.
• International Executive MBA, IE Business school, 2012. Graduated as best student
• 6 years degree on Telecommunication Engineer, UPM, Spain, 2001