Guillermo Alonso Rodríguez
Guillermo Alonso Rodríguez
Operations & Technology
After a period working at the University of Barcelona (UB) as Professor of Statistics and as Director of the R&D Division of the UB Computer Science Center, I joined IBM in 1989 as Researcher at the Scientific Center of IBM-Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM).
From 1990 to 1995 I was Director of Operations and Projects first in the Knowledge Engineering Institute (IIC IBM-UAM) and later in LAB2000 (IBM Software Development Lab).
In 1996 I joined the Consulting and System Integration Division of IBM as Project Manager and later I started my activities as Resource Deployment Manager in IBM Global Services (GBS), working for different sectors and business units.
In 2005 I joined the IBM Southwest Europe GBS IOT (International Operations Team) as Capacity Manager. From 2012 until 2013 I was appointed as Resource and Capacity Management Leader for the SPGI Region (Spain, Portugal, Greece and Israel) and in 2014 as Europe Capacity Manager for BA&S (Business Analytics & Strategy) Services.
In 2015, with other partners, I founded the company VUCAtime that offers consulting services of People Analytics.
Since 2006 I teach courses as Adjunct Professor in the Operations Area of the IE University.
• Founding Partner, VUCAtime HR Consulting Services, Spain, 2015-Present
• Europe Capacity Manager for Business Analytics & Strategy, IBM Global Business Services (GBS) International Operations Team (IOT), Europe, 2014-2015
• Resource and Capacity Management Leader, IBM GBS, SPGI Region (Spain, Portugal, Greece and Israel), 2012-2013
• Operations Capacity Manager, IBM GBS IOT, SW Europe, 2005-2012
• Operations Resource & Deployment Manager, IBM Business Consultancy Services, Spain, 1998-2004
• Customer Engagement & Project Manager, IBM Business Integration & Strategy, Spain, 1996-1997
• Director of Operations, IBM LAB2000 (Software Development Lab), Spain, 1994-1995
• Director of Operations and Projects, UAM-IBM Knowledge Engineering Institute (IIC), Spain, 1990-1994
• Artificial Intelligence Researcher, UAM-IBM Scientific Center, Spain, 1989-1990
• Director of R&D, University of Barcelona Computer Science Center, Spain, 1983-1989
• Analyst on Scientific Applications, University of Barcelona Computer Science Center, Spain, 1975-1982
• Adjunct Professor in the Operations Area, IE Business School and IE University, Spain, 2006-Present
• Professor of Applied AI and Methodology, Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM) – Knowledge Engineering Institute (IIC), Spain, 1992-1994
• Professor of Programming, Analysis and Statistical Packages, University of Barcelona – Computer Science Center, Spain, 1975-1989
• Associate Professor of Statistics. University of Barcelona, Spain, 1974-1983
• Doctor in Business Administration (DBA), IE University, Spain, 2013
• PhD in Biology, University of Barcelona, Spain, 1986
• Higher Technical Degree in Computer Science, University of Barcelona, Spain, 1980
• Master in Applied Computer Science, University of Barcelona, Spain, 1976
• Bachelor in Biology, University of Barcelona, 1973