Rafael Hurtado Coll
Rafael Hurtado Coll
Professor Hurtado is Chief Investment Officer (CIO) of Allianz Popular Asset Management (Allianz Group). He has under his responsibility the management of investment funds and pension plans with total assets under management (AUM) in excess of €15 billion euros. His team is composed of 20 specialist managers covering different asset classes (fixed income, equities, derivatives, etc).
Rafael joined Popular Gestión (Banco Popular Group) in 1998. Prior to his role as CIO, he was Head of Multimanagement at Banco Popular Group, being responsible for investments in third-party products, including long-only funds (equity and fixed income) and alternative investments (commodities, hedge funds, private equity).
Professor Hurtado has been involved as Adjunct Professor for IE since 2005, teaching finance in several programs (master´s degrees and executive education).
Hurtado´s research is focused on finance, asset management, private banking and alternative investments. His doctoral thesis was about hedge funds and financial crises. Prof. Hurtado is co- author of a book about alternative investments. He is frequently quoted in the European and Spanish business press. Prof. Hurtado has written more than sixty articles published in specialized journals.
• Chief Investment Officer (CIO), Allianz Popular Asset Management, Spain, 2011 to present
• Chief Investment Officer (CIO), Popular Gestión (Banco Popular Group), Spain, 2010 -2011
• Head of multi-management, Popular Gestion (Banco Popular Group), Spain, 2000-2010
• Asset valuation team and fund manager, Popular Gestion (Banco Popular Group), Spain, 1998-2000
• Adjunct Professor, IE Business School, 2005 to present
• Ph.D. in Economics, Universidad San Pablo-CEU, Spain, 2004
• Executive MBA, IESE, Spain, 2006
• BA in Economics, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain, 2000
• BA in Business Administration, Universidad San Pablo-CEU, Spain 1997