Venture Capital Investing in High Growth Companies
If you need more information about this program, contact us.
Your information has been sent successfully.
The Venture Capital Program offers a framework of the venture capital deal cycle and all its critical elements, and helps sharpen your analytical and decision-making skills to prosper in this business. The program will allow you to make you navigate successfully through the stages of the deal process, including identifying opportunities, negotiation strategy, valuation and structuring techniques, portfolio management, value creation, and exit strategies.
If you are an investor, the program is designed to help you:
- Understand the key drivers in the VC market
- Screen early-stage investments to discover highgrowth potential opportunities
- Acquire essential valuation techniques
- Understand non-financial factors affecting valuation
- Learn about the key term sheet clauses (vesting, corporate governance, etc.)
- Ensure effective and ongoing due diligence
- Pricing and structuring the financing of the deal
- Negotiate the best terms and understand their financial implications in the shareholder’s agreement to avoid costly mistakes
- Foster value creation by building a constructive relationship with management
- Explore different exit strategies (IPO, trade sale, secondary buy-out, partial exit, multiple rounds) and their implications
- Understand the perspective of the entrepreneur
If you are an entrepreneur, the program will help you to:
- Approach early-stage investors with confidence and maximize your fund-raising chances
- Understand what VC investors search for whenassessing a deal
- Learn about the critical stages in a VC deal
- Improve negotiation skills in order to obtain the best terms
- Identify potential risks and critical issues when negotiating a deal and avoid costly mistakes
- Successfully get through a due diligence process
- Understand the financial implications of the terms in the shareholder’s agreement
- Build a relationship with investors that will Foster value creation
I found all the teachers really amazing and the cases very insightful and useful. For example, we explored creative tools to solve the bottlenecks that often come up in venture capital negotiations.
CARLOS DE HART PINTO
CEO, Agroince, Colombia
I found very stimulating our visit to IE’s incubator, Area 31, where we participated in a pitch slam as potential investors. Having to evaluate the projects presented by entrepreneurs and to put ourselves in the position of an investor was a real eye-opener.
TAREQ AL ANGARI
Advisor to the Board of Commissioners, Capital Markets Authority, Saudi Arabia
This was a great, condensed primer on Venture Capital with an excellent combination of theory, case studies, hands-on exercises, and real-world insights from both VC practitioners and entrepreneurs
Investment Officer, Interamerican Development Bank