Venture Capital - ProgramInvesting in High-Growth Companies
The Venture Capital program integrates class-based theory with case studies and group discussions to teach participants the relevant approaches to the venture capital process. Professors encourage the use of creative tools to solve negotiation bottlenecks and role-play sessions provide the perfect backdrop for participants to share ideas and feedback.
GENERATION, SCREENING, AND VALUATION OF INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- How to generate investment opportunities.
- What to look for in a startup project.
- Teaser screening.
- Valuation of potential investments.
- The VC method.
NEGOTIATION, TERMSHEET AND DUE DILIGENCE
- Negotiation strategies.
- Term sheet: red flags and key clauses (financial, corporate governance, people, share vesting).
- Effective due diligence.
- The entrepreneur’s perspective.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, VALUE CREATION, AND EXIT
- Underlying economics of a VC fund.
- Defining an investment strategy
- Maximizing returns through active portfolio management.
- Value drivers and value creation tools.
- Exit strategies (IPO, trade sale, secondary buy-out, partial exits, next rounds).
A Liquid Learning Experience
At IE Business School Executive Education, we strive to provide an educational experience that works with the rhythm of high-performing professionals. Throughout our over 20 years as leaders in online learning, we have constantly sought to refine our approach. We have chipped away at the barriers that obstruct dynamic executives from discovering the latest best practices or gaining the tools to lead more effectively.