Stephanie Lackner joined IE University in September 2019 as an Assistant Professor in Economics at the IE Business School and the School of Global and Public Affairs. Her research interests revolve around natural hazards, the socioeconomic impacts of disasters and geospatial data analysis. She was trained as an economist and she uses applied methods to address topics in environmental economics and development economics in her work. After finishing her PhD in Sustainable Development at Columbia University, she completed a postdoc at the Program in Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy (STEP) at the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University.
- Ph.D. in Sustainable Development, Columbia University, USA, 2017
- M.Phil. in Sustainable Development, Columbia University, USA, 2015
- M.A. in Sustainable Development, Columbia University, USA, 2015
- M.Sc. in Technical Mathematics, Vienna University of Technology, Austria, 2010
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, USA, 2017-2019