Caterina Moschieri’s is an Associate Professor (tenured in 2015) at IE University in Madrid. Her teaching and research focus on Corporate and Competitive Strategy. Her research interests span from mergers and acquisitions to spin-offs to organizational design. Caterina holds a PhD in General Management, with a specialization in Strategy from IESE Business School, and graduate degree in economics from Bocconi University, Italy.
Caterina’s research has been presented at several conferences and institutions around the world. Her work has been published in academic outlets, such as the Strategic Management Journal, the Journal of International Business Studies, the Journal of Management, the Journal of Management Studies, the Journal of World Business and more, and broader-audience outlets, such as the Sloan MIT Management Review, the Financial Times, and Forbes.
Her research has been featured or cited, and has received several awards and prizes, including national grants from the Portuguese, the Canadian, and the Spanish governments.
Caterina sits on the editorial review board of the Journal of Management Studies, the Academy of Management Discoveries, and the Academy of Management Perspective. She is co-editor for Strategic Organization.
• Associate Professor, IE University, 2015 – Present
• Assistant Professor, IE University, 2010 – 2015
• Visiting Ph.D., London Business School, UK, 2006
• Visiting Scholar, LUISS (Rome), and INSEAD (Paris)
• Assistant Professor, School of Economics and Management, U. Catolica Portuguesa, 2008 – 2010
• GPCL Harvard Business School, 2013
• Ph.D. in Management (summa cum laude), IESE Business School, Spain, 2008
• IFID – International Capital Market Association (GCP) (formerly ISMA): Fixed Income and Derivatives Certification, UK, 2001
• B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Economics (DES) (with honors), Bocconi University, Italy, 2000
• Scientific Adjunct, Spanish Ministry of Economics and Competitiveness, Directorate General of Scientific Research (ANEP/AEI)
• Professional experience in finance and consulting, in the UK, Switzerland, Italy, and Spain
• Moschieri, C. (2022). “Why do some multinational firms respond better than others to the hostility of host governments? Proximal embedding and the side effects of local partnerships”. Journal of Management Studies
• Moschieri, C., Fernandez-Moya (2022) “A dynamic long-term approach to internationalization: Spanish publishing firms’ expansion and emigrants in Mexico (1939 – 1977)”. Journal of International Business Studies 53, 818 – 849
• Betschinger, M., Moschieri, C.(2021). “Are firms with foreign CEOs better citizens? A study of the impact of CEO foreignness on corporate social performance”. Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 52 (3): 525 – 543
• Blake, D., Moschieri, C., (2017). “Policy Risk, Strategic Decisions, and Contagion Effects: Firm-Specific Considerations”. Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 38(3): 732 – 750