Ignacio De la Torre Muñoz de Morales
Professor de la Torre is the Academic Director of the Master in Finance Programs at IE Business School.With ten years experience in diverse fields of investment banking (corporate finance, equity research, specialist sales of media stocks, generalist sales of European equities and derivative sales at UBS and Deutsche Bank), de la Torre has been involved as a Professor for IE for the last six years, teaching creative accounting, macroeconomics, finance & valuation courses.
De la Torre’s research has been quite diverse. He recently published Creative Accounting Exposed (Palgrave, 2008), a book on creative accounting practices and detection mechanisms. His dissertation involved the banking activities of Templar Knights during the XIII century (as a result, he later published in 2004 Los Templarios y el Origen de la Banca, praised by Nobel Laureate Sir Aaron Klug as, ‘a key step in research on the origin of banking’). Professor de la Torre is about to publish a book on the origins of Islamism (Islamismo: Desvelando el radicalismo), commended by Jorge Dezcallar, former head of Spanish intelligence service (CNI) as ‘an excellent work for understanding the ideological roots of Islamism’.
Prof. De la Torre’s interests also lie in entrepreneurship and he has published two cases for INSEAD on the launch and consolidation of the Internet retailer solodvd.com). In finance, he has co-authored the case Xfera: What’s a fair price? The case of Spain’s 4th UMTS license, which was awarded best academic case by IE in 2003 and published in Revista de Empresa in Fall 2005. Currently, Prof. De la Torre is writing a book on creative accounting & financial engineering.
Professor De la Torre has also founded a business, the Internet retailer www.todovd.com where he acts as a member of the board.
• 2008 – Present: Partner. Capital Markets, Arcano Valores
• 2001 – 2008: Executive Director. Equity Sales, UBS Investment Bank
• 2009 – present: Founder & Vice-President of the NGO Financieros sin Fronteras (www.fsf-ngo.org)
• 1999 – Present: Founder & member of the Board www.tododvd.com
• 1997 – 2000: Equity Research Analyst, Deutsche Bank
• 2007 – Present: Academic Director. Masters in Finance, IE
• 2002 – Present: Adjunct Professor, IE
• PhD in History. Universidad Nacional de Eduación a Distancia, Madrid, (Spain)
• MBA. INSEAD, Paris – Singapore (France, Singapore)
• MSc in Economics. ICADE, Madrid (Spain)
• MA in Law. UNED, Madrid (Spain)