Marc Goergen is Professor of Finance at IE Business School. Previous appointments include UMIST and the Universities of Cardiff, Manchester, Reading and Sheffield. Marc is a Research Member of the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI; www.ecgi.global) and a former member of the Corporate Governance Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW). Marc is an Associate Editor of the British Journal of Management, the Journal of Corporate Finance and the European Journal of Finance.
He has published widely on corporate governance and finance in academic journals, including the Journal of Finance, Journal of Finance, British Journal of Management, Industrial Relations and the Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization. He is also the author of three research monographs as well as a successful textbook on corporate governance.
• DPhil in Economics, Keble College, University of Oxford, UK, 1997
• Master of European Business with honours, Solvay Business School, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, 1992
• Licence en Sciences Economiques with honours, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, 1991
• Certificate in Investment Management (Investment Management Evening Programme, London Business School)
• General Certificate (International Securities Market Association)
• Professor of Finance, Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University, UK, 2009-2018
• Professor of Finance, University of Sheffield Management School, UK, 2005-2009
• Senior Lecturer in Finance, School of Management, UMIST, UK, 2002-2004
• Lecturer in Finance, School of Management, UMIST, UK, 1999-2002
• Lecturer in Finance, ICMA Centre, University of Reading, UK, 1997-1998
• Lecturer in Finance, Manchester School of Accounting and Finance, University of Manchester and the School of Management, UMIST, UK, 1997
- Mira, S., Goergen, M. & O’Sullivan, N. (2018). “The Market for Non-executives: Takeover Performance and the Subsequent Holding of Directorships”. Forthcoming in British Journal of Management.
- Chahine, S., Saade, S. & Goergen, M. (2017). “Foreign Business Activities, Foreignness of the VC Syndicate, and IPO Performance”. Forthcoming in Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice.
- Goergen, M., Chahine, S., Brewster, C. & Wood, G. (2017). “The Relationship between Public Listing, Context, Multi-nationality and CSR’. Forthcoming in Journal of Corporate Finance.
- Fidrmuc, J., Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L. (2006). “Insider Trading, News Releases and Ownership Concentration”. Journal of Finance, Vol. 61(6): 2931-2973.