Juan Carlos Olarra
Juan Carlos Olarra
Accounting & Management Control
Born on the 14th of March 1968 in San Sebastián (Spain) he settled in Madrid in 1996
He practices as Managing partner at LEXINTER ABOGADOS since 1998, mainly in the field of corporate and law, with a strong devotion to M&A, corporate & commercial and private equity. He was formerly an associate at Arthur Andersen Legal & Tax.
He has been involved in more than 100 M&A deals on both vendor’s and purchaser’s side and works regularly in multidisciplinary teams created for specific transactions or tasks. He is also permanent external counsel for clients in different sectors, both national and multinational.
He is a member of the adjunct & visiting faculty at IE since 1996 and He also has Master Classes and Lectures at various Universities. He was recognised with the best teaching projection award at IE Law School in 2011, as the best professor award at IE Law School in 2001 and has different awards for excellent teaching at IE. He was recognised with the José María Cervelló Professorship award for legal publications in 2012.
He contributes with publications to Diario LA LEY (Publications on legal matters), Cátedra José María Cervelló (IE Blog on Business and Legal matters) and Cambio 16 (Weekly magazine, comment on general interest matters). He has also contributed with publications in Trust & Trustees.
• 1999 – Present: Managing partner. Lexinter Abogados (Madrid)
• 1997 – 1999: Lawyer. Jorquera Abogados (Madrid)
• 1993 – 1996: Lawyer. Arthur Andersen Legal and Tax Advisors
• Since 1996 adjunct and visiting faculty member of IE Business School, in the areas of Law School, Business School, IE University and Executive Education as a Professor of Accounting and Financial Analysis, Corporate Accounting, Advanced Corporate Legal Issues; Law & Cinema (English); Tax implications in M&A transactions
• LL.M., Cum Laude IE Law School 1992
• Degree in Law and Business Administration, with Honors Deusto University, 1991