Operations & Technology
Assistant Professor, Operations & Technology
Dr. Laura Zimmermann is an Assistant Professor at IE University. Before earning a PhD in Management from the London School of Economics and Political Science, Laura received an MSc and BSc in Psychology from the University of Regensburg in Germany.
Dr. Zimmermann’s research investigates consumer behavior. She is interested in understanding what factors influence consumers’ decision-making processes and how to improve decisions with a specific focus on health and the role of technology. For her research, she is using lab and field experiments as well as large-scale, cross-sectional surveys and RCTs. One of her research streams focuses on exploring the effects of physical activity on information processing and attribute weighting in unrelated consumer decision making. She is also investigating how digital technology can be optimized, based on behavioral science, to improve health-related decisions.
At IE, Dr. Zimmermann teaches courses on research methods and consumer behavior as well as a workshop on Attention for High Performance. Previously, Dr. Zimmermann has taught seminars at LSE and Peking University for Undergraduate, Masters and Executive students as well as summer school students. Her teaching covers several business and behavioral science courses in Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Judgment and Decision Making for Management, Decision Analysis and Entrepreneurship.
• Ph.D. Management, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2018
• M.Sc. Experimental Psychology, University of Regensburg, 2011
• B.Sc. Experimental Psychology, University of Regensburg, 2010
• Assistant Professor, IE University, 2019
• Researcher, LSE Department of Management, 2018.
• Research Assistant, LSE Consortium for European Commission Research, Behavioural Studies on Consumer Choices & The King’s Fund: Behavioural study of nudges for informed patients. Behavioural Science, LSE Department of Management , 2010 – 2013
Latest Research projects
• Ministry of Science and Innovation. Using Behavioural to Improve Health Maintenance Decision-Making. 2020 – 2022.
• Facebook. The Impact of Social Media Marketing on Business Growth in Times of Crisis. 2020 – 2021.
• Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Spurring Growth in a Digital World: A Randomized Controlled Trial on Digital vs. Non-Digital Business Skills Development for Entrepreneurs in Kenya. 2019 – 2020.