María Teresa Aranzabal
María Teresa Aranzabal
Professor Aranzabal is currently acting as Associate Professor at the IE Business School. She has significant professional experience at a senior executive level in international expansion and operational business launch, as well as in brand development and strategic planning.
In the last years, she has worked as independent Board member in several retail fashion companies and as top management retail consultant advising fashion companies on business management, and has assisted private equity funds appraising retail investment opportunities.
She has also worked as retail consultant at McKinsey & Co. and in mergers and acquisitions at Goldman Sachs. In addition, she was Deputy General Manager of Springfield, International Director and Marketing Director of Grupo Cortefiel. She was also General Manager of KA International.
She holds an MBA from the Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania (USA) and she is graduated in Economics and Business Administration, ICADE E-2, from the University Pontificia Comillas (Spain).
• Independent Board Member, Adolfo Dominguez, Spain, 2017-Present
• Partner, Alir Fashion Retail Advisor, Spain and México, 2005-Present
• Shareholder and Advisor of several Startups, Spain, 2005-Present
• Expert Fashion Consultant, ICEXNext, Spain, 2018-Present
• Independent Board member, Tuc Tuc, Spain, 2016-2017
• Business Partner, M&E Retail Advisors, Spain, 2009-2014
• Retail Expert Advisor, Advent International, Spain, 2005-2007
• Commercial General Manager, KA International, Spain, 2004
• Cortefiel Group, Spain, 1992-2003
• Deputy General Manager, Springfield, 2001-2003
• Marketing, Strategy and International Expansion Director, Springfield, 1999-2000
• International Expansion and Franchise Director, Springfield, 1997-1998
• Assistant to the CEO and International Expansion Director, Grupo Cortefiel, 1994-1997
• Marketing Director, Grupo Cortefiel, 1992-1993
• Senior Associate, Mckinsey & Co, Spain and Argentina, 1990-1992
• Summer Associate in Mergers & Acquisitions, Goldman Sachs, London (UK), 1989
• International Banking Analyst, Irving Trust, New York (USA), 1986-1987
Other areas of collaboration, NGOs:
• Board member, Family Business Chair, Deusto University, San Sebastian (Spain), 1998-Present
• Board member and Vice President, Novia Salcedo Foundation, Bilbao (Spain), 2013-Present
• Executive Member, Rotary Club, Madrid, 2014-Present
• Member of ICA, WCD and IWF
• Adjunct Professor of Marketing, IE Business School, Spain, 2015-Present
• Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Strategy, ISEM, Fashion Business School, University of Navarra, Spain, 2018-Present
• MBA in Business Administration Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, (USA). Double specialty in Strategic Planning and Finance.
• Bachelor in Business Administration, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, ICADE E-2, Madrid (Spain).