Federico Roig García-Bernalt
Federico is a Partner of the law firm Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira. He joined the firm in 1998 and works in the Corporate and M&A Department.
He is recommended by several directories, including Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, Best Lawyers, IFLR, Expert Guides, Legal 500 and Latin Lawyer in Corporate and M&A, Project Finance and Private Equity. He has notable expertise in the energy and infrastructure sectors, and lately has:
- Assisted Enel Green Power with the EUR900 million sale of Finerge – Gestão de Projectos Energético.
- Advised Telia on selling Yoigo to MásMóvil in a transaction valued at €612 million plus €100 million in variables.
- Advised the Canadian pension fund, The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board on the acquisition of a 5% stake in the company Compañía Logística de Hidrocarburos.
- Advised the British pension fund Lancashire County Pension Fund (LCPF) on the acquisition of a 12.5% equity stake in Madrileña Red de Gas (MRG), one of the leading gas distribution companies in Spain.
He lectures on Corporate and International Contracts in the Master of Laws (LL.M) at IE Law School and has written several articles for such publications as El País, Expansión, The European Lawyer, and Mergermarket.
Federico is specialized in corporate law, particularly in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and private equity. He has extensive experience in the industrial sector, particularly in the areas of energy, transportation and infrastructure.
- Master of Laws (LLM), IE Law School
- Graduate in Law, University of Salamanca
- “Echarse atrás en un contrato” (Backing down from a contract), published in El País, on January 27th, 2008.