Professor of Public International Law
Law, Politics and Economics
- View profile
Professor Michail Risvas specialises in public international law, international arbitration, and WTO law. From 2014 until 2018 Professor Risvas practised with an international law firm in Paris, acting as counsel in investment and commercial arbitrations under the ICSID, UNCITRAL, LCIA, and ICC rules in the banking, defence, gaming, mining and metallurgy sectors.
Professor Risvas has taught, and conducted research on, public international law at the University of Oxford and the University of Amsterdam and has published on international economic law, the law of the sea, cultural heritage, and terrorism. He holds a doctorate on non-discrimination in international economic law from the University of Oxford.
- Doctorate in law (D Phil), University of Oxford
- Master in law (M Phil), University of Oxford
- Master in law (M Jur), University of Oxford
- Bachelor in law (LL B), University of Athens
- Erasmus exchange programme, Université Lyon III
- Post-doctoral research fellow, University of Amsterdam
- Associate, Three Crowns LLP
- Trainee, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Researcher, Hellenic Parliament (Legal Service)
- Tutor, University of Oxford