Advancing a new generation of public services
THE AGENDA THAT GUIDES US
The PublicTech Lab is a place for collaboration, experimentation and design of new solutions to the great challenges faced by the public sector.
- A Government as a Platform, which promotes open standards, open data, interoperability, the use of the cloud and the integration of third parties’ innovation.
- Procurement processes open to new solutions that attract a diverse vendor market-place and regulations that boost innovation and the digital economy.
- A new culture of service design focused on delivery and on citizens’ needs.
- Institutions that bring new digital talent and skills to their workforces.
- Programs and funds that nurture the ecosystem of startups, corporations and universities to co-create solutions to the most pressing public problems.
This agenda translates into a program of activities including:
- Catalyst Program for start-ups.
- Public service design lab for civil and public servants.
- Events, reports and case studies to foster the PublicTech ecosystem.
A program that nurtures the market of startups creating solutions to the most pressing public problems:
- Sales and investment for startups selling to governments or working in highly regulated industries.
- Mentors and experts in the public domain.
- Public innovators network.
- Piloting spaces in real contexts.
Application for 2019 cohort will be open shortly. If interested, please contact us to learn more.
A 3+6 months non-residence program: bootcamp sessions, flexible schedule and support to pilot solutions in real contexts.
PUBLIC SERVICE DESIGN LAB
We foster a culture of intrapreneurship, experimentation and innovation within public institutions.
We want to help those public innovators by creating a safe space where they can learn, imagine, design and iterate new services focused on the citizens.
PROGRAMS FOR CIVIL SERVANTS
One week hands-on workshops where civil servants co design together with citizens, designers and developers services and processes using people-centered design methodologies.
Sessions where civil servants can learn how to applynew technologies such as voice recognition or the cloud to existing or new digital services.
We help public institutions to identify challenges within their organizations and find solutions in the GovTech market.
How can we contribute to the development of a new public services portfolio focused on society needs?
A space to rethink, design, and test public service delivery
Do you want to share an idea with us, collaborate on an event or simply get in touch to learn more about our work?CONTACT US
We would be thrilled to connect with you!
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
The PublicTech Lab is a place where collaboration, experimentation and design comes together to tackle new challenges faced by the public sector.
The lab gathers public innovators, startups and businesses committed to improving the lives of citizens by leveraging innovation and technology.
The PublicTech Lab aims to advance collaborations and synergies between public and private actors to create a more sustainable, inclusive society.
Dean of the IE School of Global and Public Affairs
Founder and Managing Director
Head of Service and Experience Design of the PublicTech Lab at IE University
Associate Director of Communications