Fernando is particularly experienced in IP Law and Information Technology Law. He is an expert in copyright and licensing matters, including in related fields such as data protection.
Javier is a partner of Elzaburu, S.L.P. Before joining this firm, he was a partner at Baker & McKenzie and worked for Tecnología y Gestión de la Innovación S.A. (TGI Grupo SEPI) as Director of the legal department.
He is the Chairman of the Madrid Bar Intellectual Property Section, a panelist of WIPO Mediation and Arbitration Center, a member of the Academic Board at FIDE and Co Director of its IP forum and a member of the Academic Board of the Master in EU Law of the Carlos III University of Madrid.
Javier is involved in a wide variety of litigation cases in the fields of trademarks, copyright, information technology and unfair competition. He has also acted in various international mediation and arbitration proceedings
He is also involved in transactions of a different nature, such as license agreements, joint venture agreements, franchise, joint R+D agreements, audiovisual production and distribution, etc.
- Master of Laws (LLM), IE Law School.
- Graduate in Law, Universidad San Pablo-CEU (1979).
- “Licensing 2016. Spain chapter”, Getting the deal through, February 25th, 2016.
- “La franquicia. Parte V, Capítulo 2: Otros derechos de propiedad industrial e intelectual implicados en la creación y gestión de la franquicia” (The franchise. Part V, Chapter 2: Other IP rights involved in the creation and management of the franchise), Aranzadi, November 2nd, 2015.
- “El acuerdo de coexistencia de marcas y su influencia en procedimientos de infracción y nulidad posteriores” (The agreement of coexistence of brands and its influence in subsequent infringement and invalidity proceedings), Práctica contenciosa para abogados, anuario 2015. LA LEY. Wolters Kluwert, June 5th, 2015.
- “El riesgo de dilución por empañamiento como motivo de infracción de marca comunitaria y nulidad de marca española posterior” (Dilution risk by blurring as cause for infringement of European trademark and subsequent invalidity of the Spanish trademark), Anuario contencioso para abogados 2013, Wolters Kluwert, July 9th, 2013.