Marco de Benito
Marco De Benito
Associate Professor of Law, IE University
Jean Monnet Chair of European Civil Procedure, IE University
Jean Monnet Module in European Private Law, IE University
Member of the Procedural Law Board, Spanish Royal Academy of Jurisprudence and Legislation
Global, Comparative and European Law
- View profile
Prof. Dr. Marco de Benito holds the Jean Monnet Chair in European Civil Procedure at IE University, where he teaches comparative civil procedure and international arbitration. He also fosters reflection and debate on private law and legal history through the Jean Monnet Module in European Private Law.
He has authored monographs on arbitration agreements (his views having been mirrored by the Spanish Supreme Court) and European justice systems (criticizing the bureaucratization of Spanish civil justice). Some of his publications can be accessed on his Academia webpage. He serves as co-editor-in-chief of Arbitraje, one the leading academic journal on arbitration in Spanish. He is a member of the Procedural Law Board of the Spanish Royal Academy of Jurisprudence and Legislation.
Founder of Marco de Benito Estudio de Arbitraje, he is often appointed as arbitrator in international matters.
- Founder, Marco de Benito Estudio de Arbitraje
- Co-editor-in-chief, Arbitraje. Revista de Arbitraje Comercial y de Inversiones
- Dr. iur., Universidad Pontificia Comillas de Madrid
- Visiting Scholar, Yale Law School
- Guest Researcher, Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law
- Bachelor in Laws, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid