Marie-José Garot is an Associate Professor and Vice Dean of Faculty at IE Law School. Marie-José is an expert in European Law; she has taught and carried out intense research projects at prestigious universities like the European University Institute of Florence, the European Centre for Public Law (Athens) and the Carlos III University in Madrid, amongst others. She has published books and articles on the European integration. Professor Garot is director of the Center of European Studies of IE University, whose focus and goal is to promote the European idealism inside and outside of IE.
- PhD in Law, European University Institute, Florence (Italy)
- Master in Political Science, Université de Paris II Panthéon-Assas (France)
- “Maîtrise” in Political Science, Université de Paris II Panthéon-Assas (France)
- “Licence” in Law, Université de Rennes I (France)
- Professor of Law, IE Law School, 2001 – present
- Director of the Center for European Studies/IE University, 2009 – present
- Post-doctoral Researcher, European Centre of Public Law, Athens, (Greece), November 1998-June 2000
- Professor of Master of European Studies, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (Spain), 1997/1998, 1998/1999, 1999/2000
- Advisor, Communications Services: French Prime Minister’s Cabinet, Paris (France) 1992-1993
- Assistant of the Pierre Mendes Foundation’s Administrator, Paris, (France) 1990-1991
- “The European Citizens’ Initiative: an effective tool to promote a digital European democracy?” In Corien Prins, Colette Cuijpers, Peter L. Lindseth, Mônica Steffen Guise Rosina (eds), Digital Democracy in a Globalized World, Edward Elgar Publishing, 2017.
- “Identidad y ciudadanía europeas” in Vicente Climent, Francesc Michavila y Maria Ripollés (Coords), Los Males de la Europa Social, Tecnos, 2017.
- “La crisis del euro y sus soluciones: implicaciones jurídicas e institucionales para la integración europea”, Anuario del Euro, 2013.