Professor, Bachelor in Professor, Bachelor in Behavior and Social Sciences and Bachelor in Data and Business Analytics
Behavior & Talent
Learning to Observe, Experiment and Survey
Joshua Guyer holds a PhD in Social Psychology from Queen’s University (Kingston, Canada), for which he was awarded the Canadian Psychological Association Certificate of Academic Excellence for best dissertation research. Dr. Guyer previously taught at the Royal Military College of Canada (Kingston, Canada), is currently a postdoctoral researcher at the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, and also teaches at Saint Louis University (Madrid campus). Dr. Guyer has been an invited guest lecturer at numerous international universities and is a regular speaker at various conferences.
His primary areas of interest investigate the psychological mechanisms by which different qualities of voice that reflect speaker confidence (e.g., speech rate, intonation, pitch), as well as different emotional qualities of voice (e.g., fear, excitement, boredom, contentment) influence the success of persuasive communications. Additional research interests focus on various aspects involved in social influence, such as scarcity, authority, and stealing thunder. His research has been published in internationally recognized journals, including the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, and the Journal of Nonverbal Behavior. For more information, please visit his academic website.
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology, IE University, Spain, 2018 – Present.
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology, Saint Louis University, Spain, 2018 – Present.
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Psychology, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain, 2017 – Present.
- Researcher Fellowship at IE Center for Insurance Research, IE University, Spain, 2017 – 2018.
- Lecturer of Psychology, Royal Military College of Canada, Canada, 2016 – 2016.
- Postdoctoral Research, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain, 2020.
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Queen’s University, Canada, 2016.
- M.Sc in Psychology, Queen’s University, Canada, 2012.
- Bachelor in Psychology, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Canada, 2008.