Master in Finance - Admissions, Fees and FundingGain a practical professional profile to navigate today's dynamic financial landscape
The Master in Finance Admission Process
The admission process is divided in five steps. Below you will find detailed information on each step, from sending of the online application form to the final decision of our Admissions Committee. In addition, we provide a series of explanatory videos to solve any questions that may arise about the process.
RELEVANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
COVID-19 APPLICANTS’ FAQS
Due to the current worldwide circumstances with Covid-19, please have a look at the most frequently asked questions we have prepared and collected for our students and candidates.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university*
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume. See example here.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate – for non-Native English speakers: we accept the TOEFL (minimum score of 100), the IELTS (minimum score of 7), Duolingo English Test (minimum score 120) or a Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency level. A certificate is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in English. The validity of all previously mentioned English language certificates for IE’s admissions process is two years, from the date you took the exam.
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Application fee: 150€ (fee is not refundable)
*Possible additional legalization and/or translation requirements might be applicable. Please click here for more info.
Once you have submitted your online application and paid the application fee, you will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format. This way, our admissions team will be able to meet you virtually and evaluate your capacity to respond in real time.
Candidates are required to take one of the four entrance exams: GMAT, GRE, CFA level I or CAIA level I.
In regards to the GMAT exam, a competitive score is recommendable, 80% of our students have GMAT 650-770.
If you submit GRE, the score should be equivalent to GMAT 650.
Candidates will go through an interview (face-to-face or via online) with a manager or an IE Business School Finance Ambassador.
ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE FINAL DECISION
After the interview, your entire application will be evaluated holistically by our Admissions Committee. This is the last step of your application and it will take roughly 1-3 weeks for the Admissions Committee to get back to you with a final decision. Admissions are valid for the intake you apply to and the following one.
Master in Finance Fees
The tuition fee for the Master in Finance is €37,200*.
Many of our students visit our Financial Aid office for a personal consultation to address their financial needs, and we are happy to speak on the phone or set up an appointment if you have any questions.
*Please bear in mind that prices are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
**Special Conditions for IE Alumni, please contact your admissions advisor for more information.
We understand that you’re making a significant investment and we believe that maximizing the availability of payment plan options is important in making your Master in Finance affordable. Our payment plans offer the following benefits:
- The ability to pay your tuition fees in up to 7 consecutive installments.
- They can be used in conjunction with your financial aid award shall you receive a scholarship.
- Our payment plans are interest-free and there are no pre-approval requirements or credit checks.
Kindly note that plans with more than 3 consecutive installments will be charged 400€ for the administrative service it involves.
For further information, please contact the Admissions Department.
WE’LL HELP YOU FUND YOUR EDUCATION
IE works alongside some of Spain’s largest financial institutions to bring students affordable ways to finance their programs. In addition to competitive interest rates, these loan programs offer grace periods and up to 10-year repayment plans.IE Loans
Scholarships range from 5% to 35% of tuition, and are awarded according to three criteria: merit, diversity, and financial need. IE also has a special fund with an endowment of €6 million for scholarships aimed at supporting women’s education. All financial assistance is possible thanks to contributions made by various companies to the Corporate Fund of Excellence.IE Scholarships
HOW TO APPLY FOR
Funding your studies is an important decision. The Financial Aid office helps candidates make a financial plan to help them get the necessary resources to fund their education in IE. Our Financial Aid department has a team that will help you plan your future.GO TO FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION FORM