Master in International Relations
IE uses a rolling admissions process; therefore, there is no single application deadline. However, we recommend applying early given the limited number of places in the program.
We seek dynamic and motivated candidates who not ony demonstrate academic and professional excellence, but who also have the interpersonal skills that will foster integration and enhance students’ learning experience throughout the course of the program.
The admissions process starts with the completion of the online application form. All candidates have to enclose the following documents to their application:
• Bachelor degree from an accredited university
• Official university transcripts
• 1 page CV/Resume
• 3 essays
• 2 letters of recommendation
• English language certificate: TOEFL (minimum score of 100), IELTS (minimum score of 7) or Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency level. A certificate is not required if you are a native speaker or completed an undergraduate degree in English.
• Photocopy of current passport
• Passport size picture
• Application fee 125€
Should you have any issues attaching the documents, you may send them directly to us at Admissions.IR@ie.edu
The Admissions Interview examines the data provided in the application in greater detail and evaluates whether the candidate’s profile meets the requirements of the program and adds value within the class discussion and group work.
Should the Admissions Committee grant the candidate an interview upon the review of his application, he / she will be contacted to schedule an interview, that can be conducted either in person or online.
Recommendation for the interview: Come prepared and show us you are a true IE Ambassador! This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your soft skills.
The admissions process usually takes between 2-4 weeks depending on how quickly you submit all your supporting documents.
Once we conduct your Personal Interview, our Admissions Committee will aim to give you a Final Decision as soon as possible. Please remember that all Admissions Decisions are final and that places in the program are limited. Positive admissions decisions are valid for two intakes.
START THE ADMISSIONS PROCESSApply now
Returning to school is an important decision, personally and financially. The total tuition for the Master in International Relations is 30,200 euros*.
The tuition fee includes:
- All expenses related to academic learning, including: Access to relevant technology, multimedia learning tools, conferences, access to physical and digital library resources and access to the various IE Centers of Excellence.
- The mandatory one-week fieldtrip to Brussels.
- The optional international exchange semester at one of our renowned partner universities.
- A contribution to IE Foundation, a not-for-profit organization which supports students during and after the program.
*Tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
The IE Foundation and all partner scholarships encourage talent, excellence, diversity, entrepreneurship and innovation.Learn more