Carlos García Suarez
Carlos García Suarez
Carlos combines a business professional an academic profile. At IE Business School he has been teaching on part time basis, since 2005, on subjects like Corporate Governance, Business Ethics, Stakeholder Management, Sustainability and the like.
In the business front, he is currently Division Director for Solar and Distributed Generation System at TYPSA, a large multinational consulting and design firm. He has helped to deploy energy projects all over the world, including the USA, México, Chile, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Rumania, Hungry, Madagascar, Burkina Faso, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Turmenistan, Australia and others. He has work for major energy investors and key multilateral institutions such as the World Bank, UE Commission, EIB and others. Prior to his engaged in Typsa, he was VicePresident for CH2MHill. This American multinational firm bought a 10-year-old consulting firm in Spain that Carlos and a partner had founded and manage successfully.
He has been invited to deliver courses and seminar on both energy and business sustainability iisues at several universities, including Alcala de Henares, Politecnica de Madrid, IAB Buenos Aires among others.
At the onset of his career Carlos spend two years at UC Berkeley under a scholarship by the Fulbright Program and late became a founding member for Spanish Fulbright Alumni Association. He has at Board of Directors of Tecniberia, the Spanish association for technical consulting and engineering firms.
• Division Director Solar and Distributed Generation, TYPSA, Spain, 2005-present
• Vice president, Europe Business Manager, CH2MHill, CH2MHill, Spain, 2000-2005
• Cofounder and Director, Environment, Transport & Planning, Spain, 1991-2000 (sold to CH2MHill)
• Marketing Director, Thomson Consumer Electronics, 1989-1991
• Previous experience includes EADS-Space Division, Eliop and Thomson
• He was a member of the Eureka Program Presidency while Spain was Chairman of the Program
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy. IE Business School, Spain, 1995-Present
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, IE University, Spain, 2012-2014
• Fulbright Fellow, Postdoc., UC Berkeley 1983-1985
• Invited Professor, Universidad Internacional de la Rioja 2016-2018
• Invited Professor IAB Business School Buenos Aires, 2012
• Professor, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, 1981-1982
• Director for Global Renewable Energy Executive Seminar, IE Business School 2013 & 2014
• Executive MBA, IE Business School, Madrid, 1990.
• Post-Doctoral Fellow UC Berkeley, 1983-85
• PhD Engineering, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. 1983
• MSc Engineering, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. 1981
• MS in Philosophy (in process)