Selected by IE Business School as best professor in 2002, Concepción Martin Berzal combines her passion for teaching with intense research work. Professor Martín is an expert in corporate finance, company valuation , real options and mergers and acquisitions. Her current focus of interest are public tenders. In her own words: “I try to gauge if takeover bids in Spain that have taken place over the last ten years have created value”.
Professor Martín holds an MBA from Wharton School, with a dual specialization in finance and strategy. She has authored numerous teaching notes, teaching materials and case studies, including La Opa de Respol sobre YPF (Repsol’s takeover of YPF), published in the European Case. “I use all the material I prepare in my MBA and International MBA classes”.
Prior to working at IE Business School, in 1997 Professor Martín was an analyst for the Bank of Spain and Banesto Hipotecario bank. She also worked for AT Kearney and Price Waterhouse. At PriceWaterhouse she formed part of the corporate finance department. “I participated, basically in selling operations, company valuation and restructuring processes”. Professor Martín holds a degree in Economic and Business Sciences from Colegio Universitario de Estudios Financieros.
• Master in Corporate Finance & Strategic Management, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (USA)
• Degree in Business & Economics, Colegio Universitario de Estudios Financieros (Spain)
• 1997 – Present: Professor of Finance, IE Business School
• 1999 – 2000: Assistant to the Dean, IE Business School
• 1997 – 1998: Assistant Director MBA, IE Business School
• 1996: Consultant, A. T. Kearney
• 1992 – 1995: Senior Consultant, Price Waterhouse
• 1991: Operations Analyst, Banesto Hipotecario
• 1990: Financial Analyst, Bank of Spain