Fernando has 25+ years of experience in consulting, management and academics in areas such as innovation, economic analysis, strategy formulation and implementation, project management, digital transformation, and risk management. He has worked for governments and private companies in all kinds of industries around the world.
He has been Managing Director of the Madrid Institute of Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences, Partner at I de Innovación Management Consulting, CEO of Professional Training, Senior Director of Atlante-Europraxis and Associate Partner of Andersen Consulting-Accenture, among other responsibilities.
Currently, he is a Professor at IE Business School where he has been teaching Microeconomics, Behavior Management and Gamification, Financial Communication and CX & Quality Management. He participates in graduate programs in Colombia and Denmark. He combines his teaching activities with consulting as an independent consultant, and research.
Fernando holds a PhD in Business Administration, an MBA, and a Licenciatura in Business and Economics, among other academic achievements. He was awarded the Premio Estraordinario de Doctorado for his Dissertation. As a researcher, he has published a number of articles and a book.
• Independent International Consultant. Madrid, 2004-Present.
• Partner, I de Innovación Management Consulting. Madrid, 2013-2016.
• Managing Director, Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences, Madrid, 2007-2012
• CEO, Professional Training. Madrid, 2002-2004.
• Senior Director, Atlante-Europraxis. Madrid, 2000-2002.
• Associate Partner, Andersen Consulting-Accenture. Madrid, 1992-2000.
• Senior Consultant. Price Waterhouse, Madrid, 1989-1992.
• Adjunct Professor. IE Business School, Madrid, Spain, 2014-Present.
• Visiting Professor. Universidad del Externado, Bogotá, Colombia, 2014-Present.
• Visiting Professor. CBS, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2019.
• Profesor Asociado. Insurance Business Administration, Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca-Fundación Mapfre, Madrid, Spain, 1991-2013.
• Profesor Asociado. Business Administration, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 1995-2007.
• PhD in Business Administration. Universidad Pontificia. Madrid/Salamanca, Spain, 2015.
• MS in Tourism Management and ABD. University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA, 1989.
• MA in Literature. University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA, 1986.
• MBA. IE Business School. Madrid, Spain, 1984.
• Degree in International Business. London Business School. UK, 1984.
• Licenciado in Economics and Business Administration. Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 1982.