Fernando de la Calzada
Fernando de la Calzada
Accounting & Management Control
Fernando de la Calzada holds a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering from ICAI and an Executive MBA from IESE Business School. He currently works as Deputy General Manager at Grupo Presto Iberica where he is focused on the areas of Finance, Strategy and Corporate Development. In the past, he also worked as Strategy Consultant in Deloitte, where he participated in many projects for national and multinational companies.
He combines his managerial position with his academic activity as Adjunct Professor of IE University where he teaches Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Organizational Management and Seminars of Stock Market. Thanks to this double activity he always provides his students with practical examples of the relation between Finance and the real performance of companies. Since 2017, he is also teaching in the IE School of Human Sciences and Technology. From 2015 to 2019 he has been awarded with the “Award for Teaching Excellence” for his courses in Financial Accounting.
Currently he is involved on the development of a PhD in Business Administration in the University Complutense of Madrid, where he is focusing his research in Open Innovation and its link to Value Creation.
From 2010 to 2012 he also collaborated as Associate Professor at Universidad Complutense of Madrid teaching Strategy, Operations and Business Management. His fields of interest are focused on Finance, Business Strategy, Open Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
• Deputy General Manager, Presto Iberica Group, Spain, 2004-Present
• Strategy Consultant, Deloitte, Spain, 2003-2004
• Adjunct Professor of Finance, IE School of Human Sciences and Technology, Spain, 2017-Present
• Adjunct Professor of Financial Accounting, IE University, IE Business School, Spain, 2011-Present
• Advisor, IE University, 2011 – Present
• Coordinator of Financial Accounting Subject in BBA, IE University, IE Business School, Spain, 2012-2015
• Associate Professor, Management Department, University Complutense of Madrid, Spain, 2010-2012
• PhD Candidate in Business Administration, UCM, University Complutense of Madrid, Spain, 2023 (expected)
• MBA in Business Administration IESE Business School, University of Navarra, Spain, 2010
• Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, ICAI – University Pontificia of Comillas, Spain, 2003