James Macmillan-Scott has 30 years of banking and capital markets experience and has established and run investment banking and equity capital markets and fund management platforms in both the US and Europe. James started his career in London, moved to New York in the early 1980s, to Paris in the late ‘90s and to Madrid seven years later.
He was Head of Equity North America for Deutsche Bank and Board Member of Deutsche Bank Securities and the Bank’s Global Equity Management board. He was also CEO of Deutsche Bank's NYSE listed $1bn Mutual Funds family and their US based asset management business. James moved to Paris to become CEO of Hambrecht and Quist in Europe.
After Paris, James founded and ran Augusta and Co - a London/Frankfurt based merchant bank specialising in structured finance. He is now a visiting Professor at IE Business School in Madrid and President of the Factum Foundation. He isa also a Partner in The Principal Alliance and Berlin Global Advisors.
• 2012 – Present. President Factum Foundation. Madrid / International
• 2018 – Present. Partner Berlin Global Advisors. International
• 2010 – Present. Partner. The Principal Alliance. International
• 2002 – 2007. Founder / CEO. Augusta & Co – Merchant Bank. London / Frankfurt
• 2000 – 2001. CEO. Friedman Billings Ramsey I Bank. London / Washington
• 1997 – 2001. CEO. Hambrecht & Quist Eur / Close Bros . Paris / San Francisco
• 1991 – 1997. MD & CEO. Deutsche Bank Securities. New York / Frankfurt
• 1989 – 1991. Director. Merrill Lynch. New York
• 1984 – 1989. President & CEO. SBCI Savory Milln Securities. New York / London
• 2008 - Present. IE Adjunct Professor
• 1990. Kellogg Executive Finance Program (Chicago)
• 1977 - 1978. Merrill Lynch Finance program (New York)
• 1970 - 1972. College of Law (London)
• 1968 - 1970. College of Architecture (Oxford)