Javier Roza Manzano
Javier Roza Manzano
Javier Roza is Managing Director for Spain and Portugal of the French food group Savencia Fromage & Dairy (formerly Bongrain), since 2008. The Iberia subsidiary of this group, Mantequerías Arias, exists since 1848 and manages leading brands in the cheese market such as Burgo de Arias, Angulo, Boffard, San Millán, Flor de Ronda o Caprice des Dieux.
He was previously Director of Food and Portugal at the beverage company Schweppes Iberia and held several positions in the Anglo-Dutch consumer products company Unilever, where he spent 16 years of professional career. From 2004 to 2007 he was Managing Director of LeverElida in Portugal, a country in which Unilever forms a JV with the Portuguese company Jerónimo Martins. Javier Roza’s previous experience focuses pon the commercial and marketing areas, having been Sales Director of LeverFabergé in Spain from 1999 to 2004 and having held different marketing positions since joining the group in 1991. Javier began his career at Gillette, as product manager of the brand Oral-B, after having completed the MBA in IE one finished his degree in Biological Sciences.
Since 2015 he has a PhD by the Complutense University of Madrid. His thesis, cum laude, was entitled ‘Proposal for a Private labels’ development model in Spain’.
Javier was President of the National Federation of Dairy Industries of Spain from 2016 to 2019.
• Managing Director Spain and Portugal. Mantequerías Arias, group Savencia. 2008-Present
• President FENIL 2016-2019
• Director Food and Portugal. Schweppes Iberia. 2008
• Vice-President Marketing. Unilever Europe. 2007
• Managing Director. Unilever-Jerónimo Martins Portugal. LeverElida Lda. 2004-2007
• Sales Director . Unilever España. LeverFabergé. 1999-2004
• Manager Marketing and sales. ElidaFabergé. Unilever. 1991-1999
• Adjunct Professor, IE Business School, Spain. 2008-Present
• Adjunct Professor, IPAM, Portugal, 2007-2008
• PhD Economics & Business Sciences, 2015. Universidad Complutense de Madrid
• Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.), 1989. IE, Madrid
• Bachelor in Biology, 1985. Universidad de Oviedo