Assistant Professor, Strategy
Johanna Glauber is Assistant Professor in the Strategy Department at IE University. Her research focuses on firms’ strategy and behavior in case of failure. Firms repeatedly make mistakes and errors leading to failures that range from small operational flaws to major disasters. These failures can be extremely costly for organizations and society. Johanna’s projects seek to understand when firms prevent failures, admit failures, and learn from their past mistakes. Having a background in management and mechanical engineering, Johanna is particularly interested in product failures in the manufacturing industry, such as product recalls in the automotive industry.
Johanna is an active member of the international research community and her work has been presented at several conferences and institutions around the world, such as the Academy of Management, the Strategic Management Society, or the National Bureau of Economic Research.
At IE Business School, Johanna teaches Strategic Management at undergrad level. Further, she has experience in teaching topics such as managerial economics, competitive strategy, or management and economics of network industries.
• Ph.D. in Business Administration, Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich, Germany, expected in 2019
• Visiting PhD, New York University (NYU), Stern School of Business, 2018
• Master of Business Research (MBR), LMU Munich, Germany, 2017
• MSc in Management and Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany, 2014
• BSc in Management and Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany, 2009
• Assistant Professor of Strategy, IE University, 2019 – present
• Research and Teaching Assistant, LMU Munich, 2014-2019
• Glauber, J., Wollersheim, J., Sandner, P., Welpe, I. M. (2015). “The Patenting Activity of German Universities”. Journal of Business Economics, Vol. 85 (7): 719-757