Jorge Fernández Vidal
Jorge Fernández Vidal
Jorge Fernández Vidal is a Director of Transformation and Executive Committee Member at Galp (an integrated energy group with operations in 11 countries) in Spain, where he leads a number of business units tasked with driving the overall transformation of the company.
Before this Jorge worked at ABANCA, a financial institution with presence in 12 countries, where he led some of the firm’s strategic initiatives (e.g. strategic business transformation, development of new channels, development of the bank’s branch network, etc).
Prior to this, he was a consultant at McKinsey & Company (Madrid & Chicago offices), where he served clients in Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America in a range of corporate finance and strategy topics.
Before this, he worked as an investment professional for about two years at the European Investment Bank (Luxembourg) and LeapFrog Investment (Singapore), participating in a number of equity and debt transactions in Sub-Saharan Africa and South East Asia. Lastly, Jorge founded or co-founded three businesses that operate in the consumer, non-profit and financial services sectors in West Africa.
Jorge is passionate about teaching and currently lectures postgraduate students at IE Business School, MIT Sloan Executive Education, Loyola University and University of Alicante, among others.
He has been selected as one of the Top 100 Spanish Economic leaders of tomorrow by Institute Choiseul in 2018 and 2019. He loves Africa and anything to do with African culture. He loves traveling and has been to 95+ countries (and counting), he is a voracious reader and he is a collector and student of Contemporary African art.
• Director of Transformation [Executive Committee member], Galp, Portugal & Spain, 2018-Present
• Director of Commercial Transformation, Abanca, Spain, 2016-2018
• Team Manager, McKinsey & Company, Spain & USA, 2011-2016
• Investment Officer, European Investment Bank, Luxembourg, 2009-2011
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, IE Business School, Spain, 2018-Present
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, MIT Sloan Executive Education, USA, 2018-Present
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, Loyola University, Spain, 2016-Present
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, University of Alicante, Spain, 2016-Present
• Master in Strategic Studies (Security, Peace and International conflicts), University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 2018
• MBA, INSEAD, France & Singapore, 2014
• Honours Bachelor of Applied Accounting, Oxford Brookes University, England, 2012
• Honours Bachelor of Commerce in Economics, University College of Cork, Ireland, 2008