Jorge Fernández Vidal
Jorge Fernández Vidal
Jorge Fernández Vidal is an Investment Director at the Liechtenstein Group, where he is responsible for the firm’s portfolio and investments in the agriculture & food and forestry sectors.
In the past, Jorge has served as a Senior Vice President at McKinsey & Company, led the business transformation efforts of Galp and Abanca, worked as an investment professional at the European Investment Bank, LeapFrog Investments and EBG Capital, and as an entrepreneur in West Africa. He has worked across a wide range of sectors (e.g., agriculture, banking, energy, forestry, retail, etc) and geographies, in Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and Oceania.
Jorge has published several case studies and technical notes at IE Business School and the Center of African Business of the University of Johannesburg.
He has been selected one of the Top 100 Spanish Economic leaders of tomorrow by Institute Choiseul in 2018 and 2019, as a QVIXOTE leader in 2019 and as a one of the 111 top talents in Spain by Nova Talent in 2021. He loves Africa and anything to do with African culture. He loves traveling and has been to 100+ countries (and counting), he is a voracious reader and he is a collector and student of Contemporary African art.
• Investment Director, Liechtenstein Group, 2021 – Present
• Senior Vice President, McKinsey & Company, 2020 – 2021
• Global Head of Transformation, Galp, Portugal & Spain, 2018 – 2020
• Director of Commercial Transformation, Abanca, Spain, 2016 – 2018
• Team Manager, McKinsey & Company, Spain & USA, 2011 – 2016
• Investment Officer, European Investment Bank, Luxembourg, 2009 – 2011
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, IE Business School, Spain, 2018 – Present
• Guest Lecturer, MIT Sloan Executive Education, USA, 2018 – 2019
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, Loyola University, Spain, 2016 – Present
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, University of Alicante, Spain, 2016 – Present
• Master in Strategic Studies (Security, Peace and International conflicts), University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 2018
• MBA, INSEAD, France & Singapore, 2014
• Honours Bachelor of Applied Accounting, Oxford Brookes University, England, 2012
• Honours Bachelor of Commerce in Economics, University College of Cork, Ireland, 2008