Jorge Fernández Vidal
Jorge Fernández Vidal
Jorge Fernández Vidal is a Senior Vice President at McKinsey & Company, focusing on corporate restructurings, turnarounds and transformations (as part of the McKinsey Transformation/RTS Practice) where he returned after five years working as a transformation executive.
During these five years, Jorge worked as Global Head of Transformation at Galp, an integrated energy firm, and as Director of Commercial Transformation at ABANCA, a bank, where he had a chance to play a leading role in two of the most interesting and successful corporate transformations in the Iberian Peninsula.
Before joining McKinsey & Company, Jorge worked as an investment professional at the European Investment Bank and LeapFrog Investments, participating in a number of equity and debt transactions in Sub-Saharan Africa and South East Asia, as well as in restructuring a range of investments in Sub-Saharan Africa. Lastly, Jorge founded or co-founded three businesses that operate in the consumer, non-profit and financial services sectors in West Africa.
Jorge has published several case studies and technical notes at IE Business School and the Center of African Business of the University of Johannesburg.
He has been selected as one of the Top 100 Spanish Economic leaders of tomorrow by Institute Choiseul in 2018 and 2019 and as a QVIXOTE LEADER in 2019. He loves Africa and anything to do with African culture. He loves traveling and has been to 100+ countries (and counting), he is a voracious reader and he is a collector and student of Contemporary African art.
• Senior Vice President, McKinsey & Company, 2020 – Present
• Global Head of Transformation, Galp, Portugal & Spain, 2018 – 2020
• Director of Commercial Transformation, Abanca, Spain, 2016 – 2018
• Team Manager, McKinsey & Company, Spain & USA, 2011 – 2016
• Investment Officer, European Investment Bank, Luxembourg, 2009 – 2011
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, IE Business School, Spain, 2018 – Present
• Guest Lecturer, MIT Sloan Executive Education, USA, 2018 – 2019
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, Loyola University, Spain, 2016 – Present
• Adjunct Professor of Strategy, University of Alicante, Spain, 2016 – Present
• Master in Strategic Studies (Security, Peace and International conflicts), University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 2018
• MBA, INSEAD, France & Singapore, 2014
• Honours Bachelor of Applied Accounting, Oxford Brookes University, England, 2012
• Honours Bachelor of Commerce in Economics, University College of Cork, Ireland, 2008