Accounting & Management Control
Jorge Merladet is an adjunct professor of Finance and Accounting at IE University and strategic advisor to the board of private companies.
Following a successful career in the financial markets, he was appointed CEO of a medical company. During his tenure, the company grew multiplying its revenues by four, closing acquisitions in the United Kingdom and Italy, raising two rounds of private equity, and finally going public in an IPO which was 13x oversubscribed.
Benefiting from his experience as finance expert and as a CEO, Mr. Merladet has been appointed director of services and healthcare providers (USP Hospitales, Residencial CDV, Ultralase, ChiquiTin Centros Propios) and advisor to the board in financial and industrial companies (AON Spain, Iberia Ashland Chemical, BMA Española, NBI Bearings Europe) when these companies were going through structural transformations, which resulted in rapid expansion, restructuring or sale.
All along his experience as a practitioner, Pr. Merladet, has been active in in-company training of professionals and in teaching finance. First at Universidad Carlos III and then at the Colegio de Economistas de Madrid. Since 2017 he teaches finance electives and management accounting at IE Business School.
• Director and advisor to the board of several private companies, Spain, 2006-Present.
• CEO, ChiquiTin Centros Propios, Spain, 2008-2015.
• CEO, Corporación Dermoestética, Spain, 2001-2006.
• Head of M&A, Safei, Spain, 1997-2001.
• Head of Equity Research, Safei, Spain, 1993-1997.
• Adjunct Professor of Finance and Accounting, IE Business School, Spain, 2017-Present, teaching: Financial Derivatives, Valuation of Privately Held Companies and Cost Accounting.
• Lecturer at Colegio Oficial de Economistas (Madrid) – Official Board for Economists (Madrid), Valuation of Privately Held Companies, 1994-Present.
• Associate Professor of Business, Universidad Carlos III Madrid, 1994.
• Executive education – Private Equity, Valuation, Executing Strategies for Results, London Business School, 2016.
• Bachelor in Business Administration, C.U.N.E.F., Spain, 1993.