Juan Pablo Vázquez Sampere
Juan Pablo Vázquez Sampere
Operations & Technology
Dr. Juan Pablo Vazquez Sampere joined IE Business School in 2006. His research is focused on using innovation to increase the success rate of both entrepreneurs and corporate ventures. To do that Dr. Vazquez has developed new and innovative research practices that are capable of not only explaining why companies are successful but also predicting how to make them successful again.
Dr. Vazquez is active in Executive Education and teaches a highly demanded course on Disruptive Innovation in the MBA program. He is focused on teaching Innovation with the sole objective that his students are equipped with unique tools that make them see the causal mechanisms that generate change and new opportunities before others.
• 2007. Co- founder, SANAVOX, S.L.
• 2004. Co- founder, STRATEMIC, S.L.
• 2001-2002. Senior Product Manager, LA VANGUARDIA
• 2000-2001. Strategy Consultant, ICON MEDIALAB
• 1997-1999. Strategy Consultant, EUROPRAXIS GROUP
• International MBA: Using Disruptive Innovation to Revolutionize Business Models
• Executive MBA Course: Managing Innovation
• Executive MBA Course: Managing Disruptive Innovation
• Executive Education: Top Management Seminar: Disruptive Innovation
• 2005 – 2014. PhD in Business Administration, Universidad Complutense
• 2005 – 2007. Management Research, Harvard University
• 2003 – 2004. Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.)
• 1993 – 1997. Degree in Business Administration, European University
Other information of interest
Frequent contributor for Thompson Reuters, theinformation.com, Expansión and El Economista. He is also a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review Blog where he applies the concepts of Disruptive Innovation to current managerial challenges.
• Reviewer: Strategic Management Journal
• Reviewer: The Journal of Product Innovation Management
• Reviewer: Administrative Sciences Association of Canada
Appoinments and Awards:
• 2008 – 2013. External Expert in the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT)
• Best teacher award in 2007 and 2012
• Keynote Speaker at Madrid Fusion Annual Conference, October 2011. Presentation Title: “You are a Genius… but Nobody Will Remember You”
• Keynote Speaker European Business Network (EBN) Annual Congress, June 2010. Presentation Title: “Revitalizing Europe: How to Speed Up Europe’s Growth Rate Using Business Model Innovation”
• Darden Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research Conference April 2010 – presenting the paper “Uncovering the High-End Disruption Mechanism: When the Traditional Start-up Wins”
• Forum of Media and Entertainment (AGAPI) 2010 – Internet Commercial Strategies for Media
• International Forum of Digital Contents (Ficod) 2009 – The Future of Banking
• International Forum of Digital Contents (Ficod) 2008 – Using Contents to Create and Monetize Customers
• “Disruptive Innovation to Create Growth and Reduce Costs” IMADE (Madrid Regional Government)
• Conferences on Disruptive Innovation given to Bankinter, Banesto, AXA, Banco Popular, Grupo BMN, Repsol, CEPSA and Medtronic