Information Systems & Technology
Konstantina Valogianni is an Assistant Professor in Information Systems at IE Business School. She holds a PhD in Information Systems from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, during which she specialized in designing machine learning algorithms applied in the energy domain, and specifically electric vehicle charging. Konstantina was a visiting scholar at Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota and also holds a MEng. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
Konstantina is intrigued by real-world problems which require an algorithmic solution, whereas she is fascinated by tangible and applicable results. Her research has been conducted in close proximity to industry, which has given her a lot of insights about the practitioners’ point of view.
During her PhD, she has been active in the EU funded FP7 project “Cassandra”, which focused on modeling electricity customers’ behavior. She is teaching information systems and programming at Masters and Bachelors level, while in the past she has taught software development, as well.
• PhD in Information Systems, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Netherlands, 2016
• MEng. in Electrical and Computer Engineering , Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2011
• Assistant Professor, IE Business School, Spain, 2016- present
• Instructor and Teaching Assistant, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, 2011-2016
• Visiting Scholar, University of Minnesota, USA, 2014
• Researcher at FP7 project “Cassandra” (No:288429) 2011-2014
• Hellenic Telecommunications Organization (OTE S.A.) 2010-2011
• Valogianni, K. & Ketter, W. “Effective Demand Response for Smart Grids: Evidence from a Real-world Pilot”. Forthcoming in Decisión Support Systems
• Valogianni, K., Ketter, W. & Collins, J. (2015). “A Multiagent Approach to Variable-Rate Electric Vehicle Charging Coordination”. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems
• Valogianni, K., Ketter, W., Collins, J. & Zhdanov, D. (2014). “Enabling Sustainable Smart Homes: An Intelligent Agent Approach”. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems