Lorenzo Pascual Caneiro
Lorenzo Pascual Caneiro
Operations & Technology
Currently, professor Pascual Caneiro combines the management of the consulting company Newbers Advanced Analytics with teaching at IE Business School and at IE University. In the academic field he has published seven research papers in internationally recognized journals, in the areas of financial statistics, bootstrap methods and linear and nonlinear time series: Journal of Time Series Analysis (2004), International Journal of Forecasting (2015, 2004 and 2001), Computational Statistics and Data Analysis (2006), Journal of Economic Surveys (2002), and Energies (2018). In the professional field, professor Pascual Caneiro leads Newbers, a boutique consulting company with extensive experience in measuring and managing market and credit risk, as well as in the development of predictive and optimization tools to improve day-to-day operations in the energy and industrial sectors. At this moment, the academic research of professor Pascual Caneiro is focused on the application of functional analysis and dynamic factor models to improve the prediction of hourly electricity spot prices in different European markets, as well as to obtain better predictions for supply and demand curves in different electricity daily markets.
• Founding partner and director of Newbers Advanced Analytics, Madrid, May-2015 – present
• Market and Credit Risk Director for Electricity and Gas, EDP, Lisbon and Madrid, Oct-2011 – May-2015
• Deputy Director, Energy Management Business Unit, EDP, Lisbon, Oct-2005 – Sep-2011
• Head of Energy Management Analysis Department, HidroCantábrico, Madrid, Nov-2003 – Sep-2005
• Senior Quantitative Analyst, Endesa and Snet, Paris, Feb-2003 – Oct-2003
• Senior Quantitative Analyst, Morgan Stanley and Endesa, London, Mar-2001 – Oct-2003
• Courses taught: Forecasting Time Series, Advanced Analytics for Decision Making, Quantitative Methods, Financial Statistics.
• Adjunct Professor, IE Business School, Spain, Sept-2015 – Present. He has received 8 awards for teaching excellence.
• Adjunct Professor, IE University, Spain, Sept-2019 – Present
• Adjunct Professor, Carlos III University, Spain, Oct-2014 – Present
• Ph.D. in Mathematical Engineering, University Carlos III, Madrid, Spain 2001 (Ph.D. extraordinary award)
• Executive MBA, IE Business School, Madrid, Spain 2014 (number 1 of the promotion)
• Advanced Program in Structured Financing and Corporate Finance, IE Business School, Madrid, Spain 2015
• Program in Business Management, AESE / IESE, Lisbon / Madrid 2011
• Master in Quantitative Finance, Analistas Financieros Internacionales, Madrid 2001
• Doctoral courses in Quantitative Economics and Mathematical Engineering, University Carlos III, Madrid, Spain 1996
• Bachelor in Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research, University Complutense, Madrid, Spain 1994