Marco Caserta received his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from the University of Illinois (USA), after earning a MSc in Management Engineering from the Politecnico di Milano (Italy). Prior to joining IE, Marco has held faculty positions at Hamburg University, Germany, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico, and the University of Illinois, USA. He teaches statistics at IE University and optimization related courses at IE Business School.
His main research interest is focused on the design and development of metaheuristic-based algorithms for very large scale real-world optimization problems, with a special focus on data mining, logistics, telecommunication, and transportation related problems. He has published a number of papers in international journals in the area of operations research/management science.
• Consultant in Optimization, Goal Systems, Spain, 2004
• Assistant Professor of Statistics, IE University, Spain, 2013 - Present
• Adjunct Professor, IE University, Spain, 2010 - 2013
• Postdoc Hamburg University, Germany, 2007 - 2011
• Professor, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico, 2004 - 2007
• Lecturer, University of Illinois, USA, 2003 - 2004
• Habilitation (venia legendi) in Business Administration, Hamburg University, Germany
• Ph.D. in Operations Research, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA, 2001 - 2004
• M.S. Management Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 1994 - 2000
• Bachelor in Management Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
• Caserta, M., Voss, S. (2021). “Accelerating Mathematical Programming Techniques with the Corridor Method”. International Journal Production Research, Vol. 59 (9): 2739-2771
• Caserta, M., Voss, S. (2020). A note on: “A hybrid Benders approach for coordinated capacitated lot-sizing of multipleproduct families with set-up times” by T. Bayley, H. Süral, and J. Bookbinder. International Journal Production Research
• Caserta, M., Voss, S. (2020). “A general corridor method-based for capacitated facility location”. International Journal Production Research, Vol. 58 (13): 3855-3880
• Caserta, M., Voss, S. (2019). “The robust multiple-choice multidimensional knapsack problem”. Omega International Journal of Management Science, Vol. 86(C):16–27