Assistant Professor, Strategy
Martina Pasquini is Assistant Professor of Strategy at IE University since September 2014. Her research interests are at the intersection of strategy, innovation management and entrepreneurship with a particular attention on the role of demand, users, and communities of values. She has always been fascinated and attracted by companies that engage with different communities and have a social impact. Recently, she has been granted research funds by the EU through the Marie-Curie Program and previously by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation for her research in strategies of shared value creation. Her current research deals with identity-based strategies, branding and their effect on differentiation advantage and companies’ performance. She is also involved in research in social business hybrids, particularly B-Corporations. She currently teaches Strategic Management and Research Methods at undergrad level, and she has also taught Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Global Entrepreneurship, Techniques for Innovation Management at Master level in leading European Universities. She regularly attends international conferences such as AoM, SMS, and DRUID and her works have been published on international journals like Journal of Business Venturing. Since January 2018 she has been appointed as Representative at large in the Corporate Strategy Division of the Strategic Management Society and she is a member of the B-Academics Community.
• PhD Business Administration & Management, Bocconi University, Italy
• MSc Economics, Collegio Carlo Alberto CORIPE, Italy
• BA Political Science, University of Florence, Italy
• Assistant Professor of Strategy, IE University, 2014-Present
• Marie-Curie Research Fellow, EU – IE University, 2016-2018
• Assistant Professor of Strategy and Innovation, Southampton Business School, 2014
• Post-doc Researcher, University of Bologna, 2012-2014
• Adjunct Professor, Bocconi University, 2012-2014
- Barroso A., Giarratana M., Pasquini M. (2019). “Product Portfolio Performance in New Foreign Market: The EU Trademark Dual System”. Research Policy, Vol. 48(1): 11-21
- Prandelli, E., Pasquini, M., Verona, G. (2016). “In User’s Shoes: An Experimental Design on the Role of Perspective Taking in Discovering Entrepreneurial Opportunities”. Journal of Business Venturing, 31(3): 287 – 301.
- Munari, F., Pasquini, M., Toschi, L. (2014). “From the Lab to the Stock Market? An Analysis of University-oriented Seed Funds in Europe”. Journal of Technology Transfer, 40: 948.
- Giuri, P., Munari, F., Pasquini, M. (2013). “What determines University Patent Commercialization? Empirical Evidence on the Role of University IPR ownership”. Industry & Innovation, 20(5): 488-502.