Pedro is currently the Chief Customer Officer at Tendam (a large Spanish fashion retailer that comprises the Springfield, Cortefiel, Pedro del Hierro, Hoss Intropia and Women’Secret brands), where he oversees Spain’s largest loyalty program in fashion (over 24 M client members) and leads the ecommerce operation (€ 140 M in revenues, growing at >30% p.a.). He is also a non-executive director at Motocard, a leading omnichannel retailer of motorcycle apparel and accessories. Prior to that he was a Partner at The Boston Consulting Group, where he spent over 19 years in the Madrid/Barcelona, New York and London offices, working mostly with consumer related companies in the packaged goods, retail and travel industries.
He started his career at Grupo Santander where he worked for 6 years in different positions at Santander Investment, Group Corporate Office Staff and the New York Branch.
He has published several reports and articles on consumer related topics (“Business Model Adaptation in Retail”, “Restructuring: Cutting to Fit in the Airline Industry”…). While at BCG, he also led the firm’s efforts to develop and formalize a methodology to drive advocacy with consumers, which resulted in the release of three ground breaking reports on the topic: “Harnessing the power of Advocacy Marketing” (2011), “Fueling growth through word of mouth” (2014), and “What really shapes the customer experience” (2015).
Pedro is passionate about marketing and his courses at Instituto Empresa revolve around consumer advocacy and how to viralize marketing campaigns. He is married and has 3 children. In his spare time, he trains for triathlons. He is also an enthusiastic cook and a budding farmer.
• Chief Customer Officer and member of the Executive Board, Tendam, 2018 – Present
• Non-Executive Director, Motocard, 2018 – Present
• Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group, 1998 – 2017
• Associate, Santander Investment, 1995 – 1996
• Adjunct Professor of Marketing, IE University, Spain, 2018 – Present
• Master in Business Administration, Harvard University Graduate School of Business Administration, Boston, USA, 1998
• BA (Hons.) in European Business Administration. Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, Madrid (Spain) and Middlesex University, London (UK), 1991