Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño
Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño
Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño is the President of IE University and a recognized influencer in global higher education. He has been the first recipient (2019) of the Founders Award by Thinkers50, the prestigious global ranking of thoughtful leaders in Management.
Iñiguez serves on the boards of Headspring, a joint venture between IE Business School and the Financial Times, offering custom programs for companies, as well as on the boards of EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development), Renmin University Business School (China), Antai Business School (Jiao Tong University, China), LUISS Business School (Italy), Mazars University (France), the Russian Presidential Academy (RANEPA, Russia), and FGV-EASP Fundaçao Getulio Vargas (Brazil). He is a past Chair of the Board of AACSB.
Iniguez is the former Dean of IE Business School and has played a leading role in business education. He was portrayed by the Financial Times as “one of the most significant figures in promoting European business schools internationally”. He was the first European appointed as “Dean of the Year” by Poets & Quants (2017).
He is the author of “The Learning Curve: How Business Schools Are Reinventing Education” (2011), “Cosmopolitan Managers: Executive Education That Works” (2016), and “In An Ideal Business: How the Ideas of 10 Female Philosophers bring value to the Workplace” (2020), as well as co-editor of “Business Despite Borders: Companies in the Age of Populist Anti-Globalization” (2018), all published by Palgrave Macmillan (Springer).
Iniguez is a regular speaker at international conferences and frequently contributes in different journals and media on higher education and executive development. He is one of the 500 Global LinkedIn Influencers and in 2019 has been recognized as the leading Spanish influencer in Management by the Mexican magazine Entrepreneur.
Iniguez is Professor of Strategic Management. He holds a Degree in Law, a Ph.D. in Moral Philosophy and Jurisprudence (Complutense University, Spain) and an MBA from IE Business School. He was a Recognized Student at the University of Oxford, UK.
• PhD in Law, Universidad Complutense, Madrid (Spain)
• MBA, IE
• Recognized Student, University of Oxford, UK, (Fleming Scholar)
• Degree in Law with Honours, Universidad Complutense, Madrid (Spain)
• 2008: Rector, IE University
• 2004 – Present: Dean of IE Business School
• 1994 – Present: Professor of Strategic Management, IE
• 1669 – 2004: Director of External Relations, IE
• 1998 – Present: Chairman of EQUAL (European Quality Link)
• 1999 – Present: Member of the International Advisory Board of the Association of MBAs, UK
• 1992 – 1994: Associate Consultant. Instituto de Estudios Europeos, Spain
• 1990 – 1992: Associate Director. MBA Programme, IE
• 1987 – 1990: Associate Professor of Jurisprudence. Universidad Complutense, Spain
• Management consultant for various companies
• Iñiguez, S. (2020). “In An Ideal Business: How the Ideas of 10 Female Philosophers bring value to the Workplace”. Palgrave Macmillan
• Iñiguez, S., Ichijo, K. (2018). “Business Despite Borders: Companies in the Age of Populist Anti-Globalization”. Palgrave Macmillan
• Iñiguez, S. (2016). “Cosmopolitan Managers: Executive Education That Works”. Palgrave Macmillan
• Iñiguez, S. (2011). “The Learning Curve. How Business Schools are Re-inventing Education”. Palgrave MacMillan
• Carmona, S., Iñiguez, S. (2011). “A Red Queen Approach to the Fading Margins of Business Education”. Journal of Management Development. Vol. 31, ISSUE 4 (IN PRESS)
• Carmona, S., Iñiguez, S. (2006). “The Changing Business Model Of B-Schools”. Journal of Management and Development, Vol. 26(1): 22-32