Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño
Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño
President of IE University
Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño is the President of IE University and a recognized influencer in global higher education. Iniguez is also the Vice-Chairman of Headspring, a company owned by the Financial Times and IE Business School providing custom education programs for companies worldwide.
Iniguez is the former Dean of IE Business School and has played a leading role in business education. He was portrayed by the Financial Times as “one of the most significant figures in promoting European business schools internationally”. He was the first European appointed as “Dean of the Year” by Poets & Quants (2017).
He serves on the boards of EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development), Renmin University Business School (China), Antai Business School (Jiao Tong University, China), LUISS Business School (Italy), Mazars University (France) and FGV-EASP Fundaçao Getulio Vargas (Brazil). He is a past Chair of the Board of AACSB.
He is the author of “The Learning Curve: How Business Schools Are Reinventing Education” (2011), “Cosmopolitan Managers: Executive Education That Works” (2016), and “In An Ideal Business: How the Ideas of 10 Female Philosophers bring Values, Meaning, and Innovation to the Workplace” (forthcoming 2020), as well as co-editor of “Business Despite Borders: Companies in the Age of Populist Anti-Globalization” (2018), all published by Palgrave Macmillan.
Iñiguez is a regular speaker at international conferences and frequently contributes in different journals and media on higher education and executive development. He is one of the 500 Global LinkedIn Influencers.
Iniguez is Professor of Strategic Management. He holds a Degree in Law, a Ph.D. in Moral Philosophy and Jurisprudence (Complutense University, Spain) and an MBA from IE Business School. He was a Recognized Student at the University of Oxford, UK.
• PhD in Law, Universidad Complutense, Madrid (Spain)
• MBA, IE
• Recognized Student, University of Oxford, UK, (Fleming Scholar)
• Degree in Law with Honours, Universidad Complutense, Madrid (Spain)
• 2017 – Present: Executive President of IE University
• 2008 – 2011: Rector, IE University
• 2004 – 2017: Dean of IE Business School
• 1669 – 2004: Director of External Relations, IE
• 1998 – Present: Chairman of EQUAL (European Quality Link)
• 1999 – Present: Member of the International Advisory Board of the Association of MBAs, UK
• 1992 – 1994: Associate Consultant. Instituto de Estudios Europeos, Spain
• 1990 – 1992: Associate Director. MBA Programme, IE
• 1987 – 1990: Associate Professor of Jurisprudence. Universidad Complutense, Spain
• Management consultant for various companies
• Iñiguez, S. (2020). “In An Ideal Business: How the Ideas of 10 Female Philosophers bring value to the Workplace”. Palgrave Macmillan
• Iñiguez, S., Ichijo, K. (2018). “Business Despite Borders: Companies in the Age of Populist Anti-Globalization”. Palgrave Macmillan
• Iñiguez, S. (2016). “Cosmopolitan Managers: Executive Education That Works”. Palgrave Macmillan
• Iñiguez, S. (2011). “The Learning Curve. How Business Schools are Re-inventing Education”. Palgrave MacMillan
• Carmona, S., Iñiguez, S. (2011). “A Red Queen Approach to the Fading Margins of Business Education”. Journal of Management Development. Vol. 31, ISSUE 4 (IN PRESS)
• Carmona, S., Iñiguez, S. (2006). “The Changing Business Model Of B-Schools”. Journal of Management and Development, Vol. 26(1): 22-32