Bachelor in Communication and Digital Media - Study PlanBring out your creativity and make brands matter
A unique Bachelor in Communication and Digital Media
The Bachelor in Communication and Digital Media aims to teach young ambitious individuals to build the proper skill set to become professionals capable of facing real-world challenges.
Through our hands-on teaching methodology, students from the Bachelor in Communication and Digital Media will find a perfect balance between what is studied throughout their degree and the projects that are applied based on real-world scenarios.
This will aid them to develop profiles that are able to adapt to new trends happening now in the 21st century.
BACHELOR IN COMMUNICATION AND DIGITAL MEDIA STUDY PLAN
- CORE COURSES
- MANDATORY COURSES
- ELECTIVE COURSES
- FINAL PROJECT
- CREDITS NEEDED TO GRADUATE
*This study plan may be subject to change.CONTACT THE ADMISSIONS DEPARTMENT FOR DETAILS AND UPDATES
Learn more about our Bachelor of Communication and Digital Media
Welcome to your first year! Here you will be introduced to the world of communication through globalization and the digital media ecosystem in order to understand the context of this world. From the very beginning, you will be immersed in the MediaLab, acquiring skills to create content through photography, videography, graphic design, infographics, and writing techniques. You will complement your learning through our IE Impact, where you’ll learn about interpersonal skills, humanities, and ethics. In these subjects, you will be able to work and interface with students from different degrees, which will provide you with different perspectives. If you want to start applying your knowledge in real companies, you can join one of the labs or do on an internship.
Throughout year two, you will explore the world of corporate communication, branding and visual storytelling, which will allow you to connect everything you’ve learned during year one and develop more complex content with a strong strategy behind it. You will also gain an understanding of the media and entertainment industries, social media and media relations. Since you’ll be applying communication to business, you will focus on developing your organizational, leadership and resource management skills, which will be vital for achieving your professional goals in the future. You will also have the chance to connect with the professional world by joining one of our labs or completing an internship.
To create meaningful content for your audiences, you need to understand who they are. You will learn the latest research methods and how to use consumer insights to create effective marketing strategies and high-impact advertising campaigns. The innovation lab will allow you to discover creative tools to unleash your ideas. You will also learn about other media formats through web design and gamification. Through the Integrated Communication Strategies course, you will be able to connect all the knowledge and skills you’ve gained so far. Through internships, youʼll experience first-hand what it’s like to work in the real world.
The first semester of your last year will look a little different; you can take electives, go on exchange, or complete an internship. The second semester will be focused on developing your final project, which will be complemented by management focused courses such as Creative Project Management, Entrepreneurship, and Consulting.
- Understand the functions of communication in contemporary society.
- Develop group work competences by leading and cooperating in project management and as a team member.
- Apply and integrate the knowledge acquired throughout the program.
- Understand the main theories and conceptual frameworks applicable to communication and the media, with particular focus on the texts that make up the discipline’s analytical foundations.
- Closely analyze the context in which communication takes place, paying attention to its cultural, social, economic, political, technological and legal aspects.
- Understand the different functions of corporate communication and how they should align with companies’ and organizations’ strategies.
- Be familiar with the corporate dimension of communication and the media in terms of its structure, operation and management as well as new business models and the implications of digitalization.
- Acquire the knowledge and competences necessary to undertake entrepreneurial communication projects and to work in a business environment.
- Develop the knowledge and competences necessary to plan and implement integrated communication strategies, establishing strategic synergy between communication, brand, advertising and marketing actions in a way that encompasses both offline and online media channels.
- Carry out strategic oral and written communication actions in line with communication’s different purposes, using persuasion techniques and generating engagement.
- Understand and manage the processes used to develop creative content for brands and the entertainment industry, with the aim of rolling out and evaluating projects, developing brand and advertising content and creating brand guidelines and templates.
- Create audiovisual content adapted to different formats and platforms, with knowledge of the basic principles of image and sound development and production using photography, video, design and digital and mobile platforms, both in terms of the creative process and management.
- Use audiovisual language to narrate linear content or interactive multimedia content.
- Apply the main research methodologies used in different communication fields, including knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods, audience analysis and market studies.
- Apply the main creative methodologies used as a part of innovation processes and the development of creative projects and products.
- Identify the main cultural identity traits that characterize today’s world by understanding the main contemporary ideological trends.
- Behave professionally in accordance with the core principles and ethics of the profession.
- Manage unforeseen situations by being able to adapt to organizational changes.
- Use knowledge of the discipline to analyze and evaluate current situations.
- Form a part of interdisciplinary and multicultural teams to achieve shared goals in a diverse environment.
- Work actively in an international context.