ABOUT IE EXPONENTIAL LEARNING
IE Exponential Learning’s mission is to provide tools to professionals with a lifelong learning mindset who seek growth at every stage of their careers. Our educational experiences are tailored to the needs of self-motivated individuals as they build the skills necessary to adapt to, and thrive in, an ever-evolving global landscape.
This unit, which is part of IE University designs its courses with the resources and faculty support of all five schools of the IE ecosystem.
A business school for transformation, creation and innovation. Our internationally recognized approach creates an environment of thriving professionalism.Discover more
IE Law School drives innovation in the legal world, training global lawyers that standout for their passion for entrepreneurship and humanistic spirit.Discover more
Educating innovative professionals for the new world of work. Our students draw on communication, media, social sciences and technology to impact business and society.Discover more
Architecture and design education is based on innovation, responsibility and entrepreneurial spirit, all fostered through project-based learning.Discover more
We train influential leaders to transform and truly make a difference in the private, public, and non-profit sectors.Discover more
Starting your learning journey
Think about the last time you planned a trip. Remember the anticipation with which you waited to reach your destination, whether it was the Himalayas, Florence, or New York City? Learning is just another exciting journey; it requires some preparation and planning for you to savor the satisfaction of mastering the topic at hand fully. Having a roadmap matters, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t let your curiosity guide you off the beaten path. Your curiosity will give you the energy to keep exploring and lead you to access a window into another world.
If you don’t know where to start on your learning journey, here’s our step-by-step plan:
- Get into the right mindset: You truly can learn what you set out to learn. Convinced? If you still need further convincing, hear from Carol Dweck about the growth mindset.
- Research: Identify the experts on your topic and which materials out there can help you get acquainted with the concept. But, don’t forget to ask yourself: Would in-depth discussions with specialists who are experienced in your topic of interest help you better define your motivation and clarify the specific sub-topics that most pique your interest?
- Make a study plan: Ask yourself a few questions: Can you start by studying on your own? Will you get to where you want to go by yourself? Is there a group of learners out there that can help you? And, would a formal course (online or face-to-face) help propel you forward towards your ultimate goals?
- Understand the value deliberate practice and perseverance: While that saying, practice makes perfect could merely be a cliché, when it comes to learning, deliberate practice is fundamental. Anders Ericson and Robert Pool break it down in the chapter on deliberate practice in Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise; read on. When it comes to perseverance, we need to think about grit, which is the power of passion and perseverance. You may already have the passion for learning something new, but perseverance is what’s going to make the learning journey stick. Hear from Angela Duckworth why.
- Stay active on your learning journey: As you continuously renew your capabilities and expertise, constant and routine engagement is fundamental. Commitment to the cause of self-improvement will ensure that your competitive advantage of learning continues to bear fruit through a changing global economy.
High Impact Online Programs (HiOPs) are online programs specially tailored to empower your future and support your professional growth. Each program typically lasts five weeks, and students will dedicate on average six hours per week. Throughout the program, you will complete engaging learning activities and practical projects, as well directly interact with other coursemates and professors.
Bootcamps focus on cultivating specific, in-demand skill sets that enable people to transform or accelerate their careers in an increasingly dynamic market. The IE Data Science Bootcamp is an innovative, full-time 10 week open-enrollment program designed to train the new generation of business-oriented, analytical professionals who are in very high demand by recruiters. It empowers professionals and entrepreneurs by training them in the digital skills needed to accelerate their future careers.Discover our data science bootcamp
An opportunity to develop your strategic vision and update your knowledge about the latest trends in business management – thus maximizing your leadership – in order to successfully deal with your professional challenges.Discover all our programs about General Management
Our Specialized Programs provide an immersion in different areas of management with an innovative focus and the combination of IE Business School faculty with top professionals from leading companies. This methodology provides practical learning and makes it easier for participants to design a roadmap which is applicable to their own organization’s characteristics as well as enrich their network through the variety of companies and industries present in different programs.Discover all our Specialized programs
An update of the latest management trends of a sector that either covers its entire value chain or focuses on a specific current issue. The industry programs also provide a highly valuable network for those who want to develop their professional career in a specific industry.Discover all our industry programs
This program provides the perfect foundation to succeed in the digital world for both seasoned and new marketers by providing the principles, industry leading examples and the right space for students to discuss, share and reapply.
Procter & Gamble
The HiOP Digital Marketing, Social Media, Analytics: an Omnichannel Strategy has exceeded my expectations. It’s a mix of practical and theoretical material that allows students to be up-to-date in this crucial field. High-quality material is taught through a very dynamic and innovative way of learning. I recommend this course without reservation.
The Adecco Group
The Digital Marketing, Social Media, Analytics: an Omnichannel Strategy HiOP Program has really fulfilled my expectations. My background is in sales, but in two months I have achieved a 360º understanding of the fundamentals of digital marketing. The exciting lectures and virtual sessions have encouraged me to gain more knowledge in this field and I will definitely apply these fundamentals in my job.
Shortly after completing the Digital Marketing course with IE, I landed a job as Head of Digital Content at an energy firm. Although I had already gained vast experience in creating content during my career as a journalist and writer for a communications company, there is no doubt my experience with the course assisted in landing the role, as I was able to convincingly demonstrate knowledge and practical ability in digital marketing techniques – an essential element of the position.
HiOP is something totally different. It offers such a level of interactivity (live sessions, forums and individual consultations with professors), which is seldom reached in a physical classroom. I literally have pages of new ideas and marketing techniques that I want to implement right now for my clients. The assistant professor replied to every single forum post and private message almost instantaneously and in great depth – where else would you book a top-notch digital consultant for hours as an on-top bonus to the program?
Corporate Communications Consultant
Our favorite learning resources
These videos express our feeling about the idea that surrounds our unit: The potential and the need for lifelong learning.
Barbara Oakley – “Using learning to reach your full potential, even if it means changing your current path”Discover the book
Daniel Kahneman – “ How we think and make decisions, and the unconscious biases we all have”Discover the book
Richard Restak – “ How to make the most of our brain by incorporating the latest neuroscience research”Discover the book