Adriana Hoyos Vega
Adriana Hoyos Vega
Adriana Hoyos is Senior Fellow at Harvard University, Strategy Consultant and adjunct Professor at IE University. Her work interests relate to digital economics, governance, international development, tech innovation, market access, public policy, strategy, PPPs, ESG and the future of society.
Prior to joining Harvard, she served as CEO of Women’s World Banking Co. and worked at the Colombian government as Counselor to the President, Economic Attaché at the Colombian Embassy in Spain and Head of Plan Colombia to Europe.
Her experience in politics includes serving as Senior Advisor in various Presidential Campaigns -three in the US and others in Colombia and Spain. Her research work and consulting include authoring a series of documents that serve as replicable models and solutions at a global scale.
Adriana has served in different boards of directors, advisory boards and expert panels, including currently: MIT Digital Initiative, The Millennium Project, Katerva, Blacksmith, SciTheWorld, ANAR Foundation and Andalucía Management. She has been a speaker at various world-class conferences, including: WEF, CGI and UN.
• Senior Fellow & Strategy Consultant; Harvard University (Madrid & Boston). January 2015 – Present
• Professor of Digital Economics; IE University (Madrid & Segovia). September 2020 – Present
• Senior Fellow; Harvard University (Boston). November 2009 – January 2015
• CEO; Women’s World Banking Co. (Bogota & New York) February 2006 – September 2009
• Managing Partner; Independent Consulting Group (Bogota & Miami). January 2004 – February 2006
• Senior Counselor to the President; Government of Colombia (Bogota). January 2002 – January 2004
• Economic Attaché; Government of Colombia (Madrid). May 1996 – August 2001
• Corporate Investment Analyst; Citibank (Bogota). December 1993 – December 1995
• MA in Buddhist Studies, Stanford University, USA. 2006
• Master in Auditing, ICADE (University of Comillas), Spain, 1999
• Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration, University of los Andes, Colombia, 1996