Álvaro José Méndez López
Álvaro José Méndez López
Data Science & Technology
Analytic expert with more than 25 years’ experience in Data Analysis, Market Research, Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning for different industries.
His work experience has been created mainly in private sectors in companies such as Coca-Cola, SPSS (London & Madrid) & IBM.
He has recently co-founded an Advanced Analytics & Market Research company, where he develops the majority of his professional current activity.
He has more than 25 years’ experience as professor in public and private institutions, teaching subjects such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Quantitative Methods, Statistics, Econometrics, Visualization, Business Intelligence, which make the majority of his professional interests.
He is also Academic Co-Director at Big Data Master at IE and Academic Director at Executive Education at elev8 in Costa Rica, covering services worldwide.
Álvaro is currently a PhD Candidate, researching genomic data analysis for preventing neuro-degenerative diseases.
As personal interests include his interests in music, holding a Bachelor’s in music (Piano) and also in oriental medicine, holding a shiatsu-zen therapist diploma.
• Co-founder of SMARTQUEST, Advanced Analytics & Market Research Company. Spain, 2018 – Present
• Analytics Engagement Manager, IBM S.A., Spain, 2010 – 2018
• Services Engagement Manager, SPSS, Spain, 2009 – 2010
• Senior Consultant and Pre-Sales, SPSS, Spain, 2004 – 2009
• Analytics & Market Research Consultant, SPSS MR, United Kingdom, 2000 – 2004
• Market Analyst, Coca-Cola, Spain, 1995 – 1999
• Adjunct Professor of Machine Learning & Quantitative Methods, IE Business School, Spain, 2013 – Present
• Co-Academic director Master Big Data, IE Business School, Spain, 2019 – Present
• Academic Director Executive Education, elev8, Costa Rica, 2019 – Present
• Statistics and Experiments Design Coacher, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, 2010 – 2015
• Econometrics Lecturer, UAM, Spain, 2005 – Present
• PhD Candidate. Research in genomic data analysis for Alzheimer’s disease, UAM, Spain, 2015 – Present
• Advanced Studies Diploma in Econometrics – Research on Neural Networks for Finance, Spain, 2009
• Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, Microsoft Academy, United Kingdom, 2003
• Business Administration Degree, specialization: Quantitative Analysis, UAM, Spain, 1994
• Bachelor’s in music (Piano). 2018