Accounting & Management Control
Dr. Bruce (Harv) Busta, received his Ph.D. in Accounting from the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. He has an accounting degree (with honors) and a MBA from St. Cloud State University. He is a retired CPA and CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor). His research is typically involves the creation of cases for accounting and MBA students. For more than 17 years he has been a visiting professor at IE Business School in Madrid, Spain. Dr. Busta has extensively taught financial and managerial accounting for MBA students at Universities in Minnesota, Nebraska, London and Madrid. He is also the Finance Forum Leader for the Anderson Center, which specializes business education for executives and mid-level managers.
Dr. Busta is an avid Nordic Skier and cyclist. In 2013, he and his wife walked the Camino de Santiago from St. Jean Pied de Port in France, to Santiago de Compostela in Spain; a total of more than 500 miles. In 2017, they walked the “Coast to Coast” a 200 mile tromp across England.
• Assistant Controller, ADS, Cambridge, Minnesota. (1983).
• Staff Accountant, Larson, Allen, Weishair & Co. (Now: CliftonLarsonAllen) (1979 - 1981).
• Visiting Professor of Accounting,IE Business School- 2003-Present
• Professor of Accounting, Cloud State University- 1988 to 2014
• Visiting Professor of Business, Louis University - Madrid, 2002-2003
• Visiting Lecturer,Huron University, (now Hult International Business School) London, England 1996 - 1997
• Visiting Lecturer,Richmond College, London, England 1985-1986
• Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1990. Major: Accounting
• MBA, Saint Cloud State University, 1983. Major: Business Administration
• BS, Saint Cloud State University, 1979. Major: Accounting Cum Laude, Honors in Liberal Studies